Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Robson Died 1865

Hello All
    I am trying find info on John Robson who died 31st May 1865 aged 25/26 as a Result of an Accident on the Seaton Station which is on the Hartlepool to Sunderland line, he was in the Royal Naval Reserve and was on his way to the Training ship in Sunderland when the Accident happened, he lived in Hartlepool at the time.

Thanks
    Allan

I did wonder if it might have been reported in one of the newspapers for which there are online archives, but couldn't find any reference in the Times or the C19th BL collection.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks for trying, do you have access to Royal Naval Reserve records, it may be recorded there?

Comment

Allan have you seen this site?

scroll down the page to the list of names, this one jumped out at me, is he one of yours?

John Robson, a boy (Age not specified in newspapers) (Resident at South Hetton 1841)
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

it might be worthwhile emailing the library in Hartlepool? or wherever was nearest to seaton station, they might be able to suggest/find a report in one of the local papers.
          Julie

Comment

Thanks Julie for your help, hope all is well with you.

Allan

Comment

Hi Julie
              No he is not mine, mine was still alive on the 1851 Census. thanks anyway

Comment

yea I'm good ta
                Julie

Comment

Working...
                X