saneza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saneza

found saneza binns aged 2 on 1861 census along with her parents and siblings found all of them on free bmd but her i dont understand y
    looking for binns,cave,forey,cheale,simpson,

Originally posted by debsimlfc View Post
    found saneza binns aged 2 on 1861 census along with her parents and siblings found all of them on free bmd but her i dont understand y
    Do you have the reference for that record?

She doesn't show up on FMP with that name.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

1 min i will get it

Comment

I'm even more suspicious about that transcription when it's the only reference to that name in the whole of Ancestry.co.uk! I don't have a sub, now, but I can still see that much.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

would the ref be 4c its a census record for 1861

Comment

yeh thats where i found it dont get it at all

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
              Do you have the reference for that record?

She doesn't show up on FMP with that name.

Christine
              what is fmp ?

Comment

On fmp (findmypast) in 1861 the surname is transcribed as Briens, and "Saneza" is ..... (ie they haven't attempted a transcription).

scuda
                Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

Here's the 1861 reference RG9; Piece: 3206; Folio: 54; Page: 11;
                  Handwriting is very hard to read, lots of scrolls etc. and the ink is feint.
                  Margaret

Comment

FMP is the usual abbreviation for Find My Past.

The reference for the 1861 census should have the form: RG09 piece 3240 folio 18 page 8, possibly rendered as: RG09/3240 folio 18 page 8

If I have homed in on the actual reference, in Delph, near Saddleworth, then the name should be "Emma".

Christine

PS - I see that the actual name has been found.

Comment

so shes down as saneza briens ?

Comment

The ref for the 1861 census is RG9/ Piece3206/Fol54/page11

June

Comment

Findmypast (FMP) hasn't even attempted a transcription!!

Comment

Oh it differs from your ref Christine. I got mine from Ancestry

June

Comment

so shes down as saneza briens ?
                              No, just "...... Briens" as they have not been able to make out the first name.

scuda
                              Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

I think the name is "Loueza" - an interesting variation of "Louisa"!

Christine

Comment

so where is best ancestry or fmp or is there any better 1s

Comment

Originally posted by scuda View Post
                                    No, just "...... Briens" as they have not been able to make out the first name.

scuda
                                    ok thanks

Comment

Originally posted by debsimlfc View Post
                                      so where is best ancestry or fmp or is there any better 1s
                                      That's an open question, and probably depends upon what you're looking for. If you have lots of London names, then Ancestry is certainly worth a sub for a while, for the LMA (London Metropolitan Archives) records & images, alone.

FMP includes the 1911 census, amongst other records not available on Ancestry.

The quality of transcriptions on both sites is variable. I think I used to submit rather more corrections on Ancestry (for which, as any will tell you) no credit is received, other than a thank-you email.

Christine

Comment

There is a Louisa Binns in FreeBMD
                                        Sep 1859 Keithley 9a 184

Is Keithley the right area?

June

Comment

Working...
                                        X