Death in Peterborough in 1995(?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death in Peterborough in 1995(?)

Hello , I am trying to find the death of Peter Smith born in Scotland c1920 .I think it was in Edinburgh . He died in Peterborough about 15years ago about 1995,or so his son thinks . that is all I know of Peter, my Aunt and Peter split just after the WW2, and she knows nothing else about him.
    Thank you for any help
    Sheila
    I think, therefore I am. Descarte

There's this one

Peter Smith
    Birth Date: 18 Sep 1920 Death Registration Month/Year: Jan 2005
    Age at death (estimated): 84
    Registration district: Peterborough Inferred County: Cambridgeshire, Huntingdonshire, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire
    Register number: B69G District and Subdistrict: 335/1B Entry number: 30

Nothing for around 1995 and the only other 2 in Peterborough are born 1917 and 1924. Can let you have those details if you wish.

Just 20 miles from where I am at the mo'
    Margaret

Comment

Just as a bit of "county" background: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peterborough confirms Cambridgeshire as the "ceremonial county, but it used to be in Northants.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Hi Sorry it has taken me so long to answer, all I know is that he was born around 1920.. and died in the 1990's Oh Bother !!!! I don't know any more than I have said . It is 11.15 pm here so am of the bed
        Nite Nite
        Sheila

Comment

You could get his marriage cert to confirm his age.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
            You could get his marriage cert to confirm his age.
            Good thinking Mary.
            Margaret

Comment

Good Morning, Thank you, I had not thought of going that way. it does help to ask the question and have an other pair of eyes
              Sheila

Comment

I have just done a free search on Scotlands people and there are no Peter Smith births showing in Edinburgh for 1920 or 1921. There are two pages of them for all districts though.
                Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Working...
                X