Will query ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will query ???

I got a will today there is something I dont understand?
    It says gross value of personal estate £83.8.5 but he has left hundreds of pounds and property in it?

Val

People often make Wills years ahead of their deaths - my Will is 15 years old now and I'm not dead yet, lol!

What I mean is, people often willed stuff that, when they eventually died, they didn't have anymore, including money.

When I made my will, the solicitor advised against leaving specific sums of money to people, because, she said, it could all go very wrong if I didn't actually have that money when I died.

OC

Comment

so glad your not dead OC
      So does it mean he only left £83.8.5 then ???? instead of thousands ??? he did own his own company with lots of staff so am surprised thats all he had left ?

Comment

His PERSONAL estate, that's his clothes, books, watch, camera, beermat collection and so on. The business would be assessed separately for tax on his share of it. He may have given away virtually everything before he died.

I'm quite glad I'm not dead yet, too!

OC

Comment

thanks OC I hadn't realised that, suppose I should make my will ? except I cant decide who to leave my tree too

Comment

Working...
          X