The more I look the more frustrated I am

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The more I look the more frustrated I am

I have a Sarah Selina Wiseman (Ancestry have it as Sebina)who married on 16/06/1850 St Matthews Bethnal Green to Joseph John Bennett, Chairmaker, his father is Joseph The ages shown for the bride & groom are minors. Her father was William Wiseman a silk draper. I wanted to find Sarah with her family on the 1841 census but so far not been able to. So I thought I would do an address search for the addy given on her mar/cert 28 Virginia Row Beth/grn but of course her family are not living there in 1841 or 1851 Census.
    As I was unsure of Sarah & Joseph ages so I looked for Joseph with his family and managed to find his year of birth 1830, Middx which helped me find Joseph and Sarah on the 1851 census, H0107, piece 1542, folio 627, page 26 name spelt Bennet. Sarah's year of birth is given as 1832, born Beth/Grn these details have still not helped me find her with her family. I've looked for Joseph & Sarah on the 1861 census (Sarah died in 1867) and for Joseph on his own after this year but cannot find either of them
    can anyone help with further ideas please.
    If I have to dash off its because I am having my electric meter replaced and have to turn all appliances off.
    GWEN

Is this them in 1861 RG9 piece 331 folio 116 page 1 with a lodger with the delightful name of Sarah Sneezum! Looking at the image Sarah's age has been transcribed incorrectly.
    Helen
    Support the S.O.P.H.I.E. campaign, Stamp Out Predudice Hatred + Intolerance Everywhere.

Visit the website at http://www.sophielancasterfoundation.com/index1.html

http://www.illamasqua.com/about/sophie/

Comment

RG09 250 96 28
      have a look at this one in 1861
      Joseph mistranscribed as Bennet is right but not sure about Sarah

actually looking at that again reckon they got her birth year wrong ?
      Last edited by Guest; 11-10-10, 13:07.

Comment

wonder if this is him in 1871
        now a labourer?
        RG10 624 41 11

Comment

Originally posted by Helen Henderson View Post
          Is this them in 1861 RG9 piece 331 folio 116 page 1 with a lodger with the delightful name of Sarah Sneezum! Looking at the image Sarah's age has been transcribed incorrectly.
          Hi thanks for that but do not think its her as her martial stauts is unmarried
          GWEN

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
            RG09 250 96 28
            have a look at this one in 1861
            Joseph mistranscribed as Bennet is right but not sure about Sarah

actually looking at that again reckon they got her birth year wrong ?
            I found this one the age fitted Joseph and the occupation but he states he was born in Ireland thats what confused me and of course Sarah's age. I've looked at the original census on FMP and Ancestry and both images show her age as 20. The age of the 1st born child is a year after their marriage. What do you think is it a poss?
            GWEN

Comment

Sorry, got in a tangle looking for Wiseman after she was married!
              Helen
              Support the S.O.P.H.I.E. campaign, Stamp Out Predudice Hatred + Intolerance Everywhere.

Visit the website at http://www.sophielancasterfoundation.com/index1.html

http://www.illamasqua.com/about/sophie/

Comment

Electricity is no back on
                Thanks everyone I've looked for so long try and find Selina with her family and looking for the Bennetts for clues has given more headcahes I think I will have to give up
                I cannot find her birth either I thought it would be easy having the middle name Selina but its not helped as all.
                GWEN

Comment

maybe they lied ??? I do think its them right occupation too . have you got any of the birth records of the children?

Comment

No I have them on the 1851 census right after they marry and they have no children with them.
                    I think I just found Joseph on the 1871 census with a new wife Elizabeth RG10, 502, 44, 11. The children they have with them tie in with some of the children names and DOB on the 1861 census so I think its them. What do you think it still leads me no further to Sarah family and I'm wondering if Sarah was jewish!!
                    GWEN

Comment

I've now found a marriage for Joseph John Bennett to Elizabeth Blake its him as he occupation fits and the name of his father plus his ccupation. The marriage took place 0n 4/03/1877. On the census return quoted above they have two other children born to them in 1868 and 1870 after Sarahs death in 1867, so may be they thought they would wait until they married!!

What age are you when it shows on M/C that you are a minor?
                      Last edited by Gwen@coggiecorner; 11-10-10, 18:17.
                      GWEN

Comment

Under 21.

Comment

There are a lot of corrected mistranscriptions for Wiseman - you might have to think creatively to try to come up with what it's been mangled into. Do you have baptisms for any of her siblings which might help narrow down the address?

(several generations of my family lived in Virginia Row, Bethnal Green at different times )

Comment

Working...
                          X