Hello Everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everyone

My name is Bette and I am new to this site.Trying to find any onfo in the Jordain family of Brixham,Devon. Samuel Jordain was the son of John Jordain and was born in Brixham in 1841 and I have traced him back to Hull where I was born but just starting to try and find something of his Brixham family - any ideas would be greatly appreciated;D

Hi Bette,
    Welcome to FTF.
    What exactly do you want to find out?
    Margaret

Comment

Hello Bette!

Have you had a look at the IGI site? If you type in Jordain, with no dates and no Christian names and give Brixham, Devon, as the location you'll get lots of entries, some of whom will probably be your relatives. Disentangling them will be either fun or a chore, depending on how you feel! Hope this helps... IGI search site is here:

http://pilot.familysearch.org/record...art.html#start
      Looking for Bysh, Potter, Littleton, Parke, Franks, Sullivan, Gosden, Carroll, Hurst, Churcher, Covell, Elverson, Giles, Hawkins, Witherden...

Comment

Hi Bette. Welcome to FTF!

If you find you have a lot of Devon ancestors, it might be worth joining the Devon FHS (http://www.devonfhs.org.uk/) - or, at least, buying some of their resources. Some of their material is now appearing on Find My Past (a.k.a. FMP).

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
        X