1881 Census second look-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1881 Census second look-up

I have been trying to find a family in the 1881 census without no luck.
    just wondering if someone could double check for me please in case I've missed them.

London/Middlesex area

Name: Age: Born:
    Caroline Crouch 29 Hoborn
    Ada Crouch 9 Liverpool
    Edward Crouch 6 Marylebone
    William Crouch 3 Marylebone
    Winifred Crouch 3 Marylebone

Have tried Ancestry, Find my Past & The Genealogist.

Thanks.
    Steve.
    Researching;Fitzjohn:Crouch:Parker:Howlett ;)

I've found a strange entry that could be them but when I click on Ancestry to view the image, they're not on the page (unless I'm going mad)

This is the link

RG11, piece 339, folio 24, page 42
    Jackie

Comment

Actually they're on the next page (P 43). The 2 youngest children aren't there. Ada is aged 6 born Liverpool and Edward A aged 5 born Marylebone. The person above them is transcribed as Berne aged 28 and above her is a William Crouch aged 34, an artist. They're not married to one another so I don't know what the relationship is (if they are yours!)
      Jackie

Comment

Jackie, Things are looking good, the father and the 2 children are correct, I'm guessing Berne could be a nickname as the age and place of birth is correct also, (St Andrews, Hoborn).
        The thing I don't understand is that they were married in 1873, so not sure why they would say that they were un-married?
        I need to find the 2 youngest children (William & Winifred were twins) to try and make the connection.

Thanks for your help.
        Steve.

Comment

Hi Steve

I did wonder whether William was her brother. Where was the marriage and what was her maiden name please?
          Jackie

Comment

Jackie,

The maiden name for Caroline Maragret Crouch is French, married to William Crouch in Liverpool on 27th May 1873.
            Steve.

Comment

Well I'm stumped on this. It looks as though it was some sort of boarding house so they may not have filled in the form themselves. I can't find the twins anywhere else though
              Jackie

Comment

Working...
              X