Baptisms in Nottingham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Office: Baptisms in Nottingham

Is there anyone who could look up a few details on 3 baptisms in Nottingham for me, please ? (I have all the main details, but I just want to know if there are any notes..to try & help me establish the "real" father). I don't like taking something for nothing, so let me know if I can forward any kind of "thank you"

If you put the details on this thread, somebody may be able to help, but first take a look at FreeReg if you haven't already, because it has quite a lot of Notts baptisms:

Ancestry® helps you understand your genealogy. A family tree takes you back generations—the world's largest collection of online family history records makes it easy to trace your lineage.

Comment

Thank you very much, Mary....unfortunately, the details I'm looking for aren't on there. One very kind person has offered to look on their Notts CDs.....don't know how to reply to a private message, so will put the details here & then will try to reply to that person via a private message.

The 3 baptisms are......George Bayfield (looks a bit like Sayfield) Asher at St Mary's Nottingham on 4 Sep 1815....parents William & Elizabeth Asher
      Samuel Lyon Asher at St Mary's, Nottingham on 22 Jan 1818....parents William & Elizabeth Asher
      Alfred Bradley Asher at St Peter's Nottingham on 12 July 1820.....parents Lyon & Elizabeth Asher

What I'm interested in is any additional information....father's occupation/child's date of birth if included/parents' place of birth if included/&, in the case of Alfred Bradley...if there's anyone mentioned (eg the officiating clergyman) that could explain why the baby...ostensibly his father's first child....was named Alfred Bradley, when neither name seems to figure in the parents' families.

Thank you

Comment

Have sent you the details.
        Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

In future, if you want to send someone a PM, just click on their name, then on Private message. To answer one they've sent you, type your answer in the box under their message, then press Submit message.

Comment

Many thanks to both of you

Comment

Many thanks to Wendy for sending me the details from the CDs....she has, however, suggested I look at the entries themselves. If no one is going, I can order them from the Archives

Comment

Working...
              X