Can this be cleaned up please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can this be cleaned up please?

This is another photo of my Grandfather when he was very young. Can this be cleaned up a little please and maybe some colour added?

Not sure when it was taken so maybe someone might be able to help me with that one. He was born in 1889 so maybe it is about 1910?

Joy

quick clean

Regards Roy

Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Comment

That was quick Roy, thank you very much.

Joy

Comment

little colour
        Regards Roy

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Comment

Love the colour one Roy Very subtle and beautiful. Thank you so much.

Joy

Comment

Lovely clean up and colour there Roy, which tool do you use to remove the 'blue hue'......?
            I have elements 7 Roy and I'm still looking for it lol!
            Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Comment

Originally posted by Jen~Ealogy View Post
              Lovely clean up and colour there Roy, which tool do you use to remove the 'blue hue'......?
              I have elements 7 Roy and I'm still looking for it lol!
              There are several methods, I find the easiest way to do this is to desaturate the image and then either sepia tone or colour it.
              Regards Roy

Comment

By that do you mean removing the colour altogether Roy and then adding tone and/or colour?
                Jen

Comment

Yes you should have an option to do this , and also a sepia setting too/ colouring, I'm not sure what options you have in element7 as i use photoshop ,but the help files will tell you.
                  Regards Roy

Comment

Thank you for confirming what I thought you meant Roy, and well done on Joy's picture.

Sorry Joy for hogging your thread.
                    Jen

Comment

anytime, let me know how you go on
                      Regards Roy

Comment

Roy and Jen Following your exchanges on this thread, thanks for the tip i did have a go at restoring but the blue hue was causing me a problem. So i did not post it.
                        Great job done with the colour Roy

]Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

[/B]FOR RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN ALL PICS AT 300-600 dpi

ALAN

Comment

Working...
                        X