Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• birth certificate

hi all,

have just joined this site and am new to doing family research. I have been looking for birth cert for an albert edward doyle have been on most sites and paid to view but no results so far i am at a blank as where to go from here. I do not know the place of birth of albert edward doyle but his father's name was albert doyle do not know mother's name.
    I know he was born 1887 as i have his marriage certificate

Any help would be much appreciated

Welcome to Family Tree Forum.

Can you tell us where, when and to whom he married, what his father's occupation is on the marriage certificate and the names of the witnesses if you think they might be family members.
    Elaine

Comment

Hello Veronica,
      Ancestry has a birth in their London Metropolitan Archives records for an Albert Edward Doyle, but is birth is shown as 17th March 1897. His father is Albert, so he could well be your man - what do you think? Did they live in London?

Comment

Have you been able to find any likely families in the censuses. I guess that's a bit chicken-and-egg, isn't it!

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

birth certificate

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
          Welcome to Family Tree Forum.

Can you tell us where, when and to whom he married, what his father's occupation is on the marriage certificate and the names of the witnesses if you think they might be family members.

hi,

thanks for answering me so quickly here are the details:
          albert edwart doyle married elizabeth emily bristow at west-ham church in may 1912.
          his father was an able seaman that is what is on the marriage cerfificate he was deaceased. they had one child a son named albert henry doyle.

Comment

his witness was her sister clara ellingworth and GJ gilbert.

Comment

hi

have checked lots of census but can't find him on the 1911 although he could of been serving abroad in the milatary at that time.

Comment

hi

will check it out but have been going on the age on his marriage certificate which was 25

Comment

Originally posted by veronica49 View Post
                  hi

have checked lots of census but can't find him on the 1911 although he could of been serving abroad in the milatary at that time.
                  What was Albert's occupation on the marriage certificate? I can see an Albert E Doyle in Shoreditch in 1911.
                  Margaret

Comment

there are 2 Albert Doyle coming up in 1911 census born around 1888 and in Overseas military one born in Surrey Rotherithe
                    RG number:
                    RG14 Piece:
                    34978 Reference:
                    RG14PN34978 RD641 SD3 ED7 SN9999
                    he is in Multan Punjab India

and one solider born in Camden Town London

RG number:
                    RG14 Piece:
                    34983 Reference:
                    RG14PN34983 RD641 SD8 ED16 SN9999
                    and he is in
                    Roberts Barracks Peshawar
                    Last edited by tinkerbe; 08-10-10, 09:26. Reason: adding more details
                    wye surrey/london/birmingham
                    lawrence/laurence berkshire/london/norfolk
                    hall harrison cook/e pratt surrey
                    ebbage maltby pratt norfolk
                    herbert pratt yorkshire/hampshire
                    armstrong/rickinson/harrison/beddington yorkshire

Comment

Also what addresses are given on the marriage certificate and did Elizabeth have an occupation?
                      Margaret

Comment

hi thanks for info will need to follow this up.

Comment

hi

address given was 17 barnby street west-ham i don't know elizabeth occupation

Comment

What occupation was given for Albert on the marriage certificate?
                            Margaret

Comment

birth for albert edward doyle

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
                              What was Albert's occupation on the marriage certificate? I can see an Albert E Doyle in Shoreditch in 1911.
                              Margaret

hi

he was a carpenter on marriage cert i believe i have seen that albert in 1911 census thanks for gewtting in touch though.

Comment

Working...
                              X