Kinship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinship

Is there a kinship facility on the ancestry family tree as there is with Family Tree Maker??

Should this be listed somewhere else?????:o

Comment

No it's fine here - perhaps no one knows the answer!
      I'm not a user of the Ancestry trees but did have a look at them yesterday when you posted this but couldn't see a kinship function - but that doesn't mean to say there is not one hidden somewhere!
      Elaine

Comment

If you call it up on ancestry it referrs you to FTM, the only way I can think of is to gedcom the tree from ancestry too Ftm (have to find out how to do that ) thanks Elaine, beginning to think I hadn't washed under my arms.lol

Comment

Can help with the GEDCOM download!
          Ancestry - go to TREE SETTINGS and then on the right just under MANAGE YOUR TREE, click on Export.
          That will download the GEDCOM to your computer, which you can then open with FTM.
          Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine, do that when I get back. Rod

Comment

Well, this is a bit spooky! Just over on GR and someone has JUST posted that Ancestry have introduced a kinship facility!!!!

OC

Comment

It seems to calculate a relationship only to the home person, i.e. normally yourself. I suppose you could change the home person if you wanted a kinship calculation for two other people in your tree.
                Elaine

Comment

You are able to put anyone in the box, not just the home person.
                  Karen

Comment

Perhaps I am looking at it on a different page Karen.
                    All I can see is when you have a family view page, there is a tab at the top which says View Relationship to me. As I am the home person that shows the relationship to me.
                    Elaine

Comment

You can alter it by changing it at the bottom, when it says "is this you"

Having done that though, I know have that relationship on the profile page that I do not want there. So not sure if I missed saying do not publish this relationship!!!!
                      Last edited by Karen S; 07-10-10, 20:58.
                      Karen

Comment

OK now ladies the spooky I need to know about you all seem to get it so easily but do you think I can see it no!!! please give me a clue where to look. Rod

Comment

If you click on a person's profile, there is a NEW button and a link just underneath their picture and just above the tabs.
                          Caroline
                          Caroline's Family History Pages
                          Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Caroline your a gem got it in one;)

Comment

Working...
                            X