Help reading mother's maiden name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help reading mother's maiden name

Can I have any thoughts from anyone as to what this mother's maiden name is please?

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Margaret

could it be Emes

Comment

are you able to post an image?

Comment

Kylejustin,
        Is the link to photobucket I gave not working for you?
        Margaret

Comment

sorry, im being daft! i would say it's emes.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
            could it be Emes
            I thought it could be that but there's no-one of that name showing on any census anywhere. All I know about her is that she had the child Alice Jane with Walter White and I have them in 1911 together where she says they have been married for 23 years and had two children, the other is Rose born c1894. On the census Alice says she is age 49 and born in Lambeth.
            Margaret
            Last edited by margaretmarch; 06-10-10, 12:57.

Comment

I've amended the date for Rose birth to c1894.
              Margaret

Comment

Thanks both it confirms my reading but now can't find such a person!!

Comment

cant find the marriage either ? mmmm did you find them on other census ?

Comment

No I didn't, and I thought maybe they hadn't bothered to get married
                    Margaret

Comment

thats what I'm thinking but cant even find them earlier ???? will have another look , what area was the birth registered in ???

Comment

maybe emes was a previous married name?

Comment

cannot find Rose Walter or Alice in 1901 ????

Comment

I did search for a Marriage without using Alice's maiden name

Comment

I did find a marriage for John Walter White in Dec 1888 Lambeth to Alice Ford which at first I thought was the one until I got the birth cert :(
                              Margaret

Comment

I'm sure the letter before the second e is an r - check out the r's in picture, formerly and moulder. I can't work out whether there are one or two letters before that, but I favour Evres, Eires, or at a push Evies/Evires.

Kate x

Comment

Thanks Kate, I'll have a look for those names.
                                  margaret

Comment

Not sure if this is going to help or confuse, but I have a couple who were shown in 1911 as being married for 19 years but did not get married until 1912 after the man's first wife died. He had deserted his wife and family in 1892 for this second woman.

In another branch I have the birth certificate of a child where the mother's name is recorded as if married to the father, but no such marriage ever took place. When the woman subsequently married someone else, she did so in her maiden name.

Official records can confuse as well as clarify!

Comment

I'm only looking on my tiny netbook screen at the moment but I'm not sure that first letter is an 'E'.
                                      I think it could be a'G', will look again on the pc.
                                      Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

when/where was Alice Jane born please Margaret?
                                        Julie
                                        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
                                        X