Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

when you send somebody a invite to Ancestry ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when you send somebody a invite to Ancestry ????

what exactly do they see in their email?? do they get a link to click on ??? as somebody keeps saying she does not get anything other than view my profile ???I'm sure when I received them I got a link ?

Val it usually says click on the link below to see there tree ;;
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

thanks Babs thats what I thought but she says all she gets is look at my profile ? maybe she could click on that ?
      Nice to see you by the way

Comment

Glad you have asked about this Val I sent a invite and after two weeks she still has'nt got it I must be doing something wrong. Fay

Comment

Thats funny that as I have sent on 3 this last week since doing new tree and all mine been recieved and people have got on ok ;;
          Ive been around Val just not posting much had lot on this last month , now waiting for midwife duty lol

Comment

Fay does it say invite sent on your invites???
            Yes Babs saw your news you take it easy dont overdo it .

Comment

Dear borobabs
              I’ve just added you to our family tree, ????? on Ancestry.co.uk, a place where we can learn more about our history and share what we discover, together. You can view and print this family tree as well as historical records, images, stories, etc. that are attached to it. You can also participate by:
              Commenting on people, images or stories
              Adding photos or stories
              Adding, editing or deleting names
              Our family tree already has 9532 people, 0 photos, 0 stories and 0 historical records. Come check it out.
              Hope you enjoy our tree,
              H

This is what one of my invite for me looked like you click on the come check it out

Comment

maybe she dont understand it ??? thanks Babs I'll tell her that

Comment

Yes the old ones had bar to click on it was a bit clearer than the new one is Val ,,shame that ;;

Comment

wish they'd leave things alone, and I hate the new search

Comment

I always go back to old search on far right hand side of screen wrote just above search results ;;

Comment

for some reason Babs mine reverts to new search without me wanting it ?

Comment

Yes mine does Val but I just click to go back

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                            for some reason Babs mine reverts to new search without me wanting it ?
                            Mine seems to stay on the last type I had open - e.g. if I used the old search to do the last lookup then when I log back in it seems to go automatically to the old search method. If the last image I did was via the new search, then when I log back in it goes to the new search page.

I always use the old search - but if someone here has given a link to Ancestry and has used the new search method, then when I click on that link I am taken to the page the person has found using the new search method. So the next search I do of my own automatically goes to new search.

Does that make sense????

I think that Julie (Darksecretz) always uses the new search - click on one of her links and then try to do a search of your own. Has it taken you to the new search method?
                            Elaine

Comment

Just had an email from them as I have a few problems with Ancestry since they did their updates about 3 weeks ago, seems there is a glitch with the Tree programme so when I want to go back to the person I am looking up records for I get a completey unknown name of somebody not even in my Tree ?
                              And they have told me of a way of using the old search ,but thing is thats fine unless I am looking for records of somebody in my tree it always reverts to the new search ,and to go to the old search I have to enter that persons details all over again??
                              Where are her links Elaine ?

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                                Where are her links Elaine ?
                                I meant any post Julie has made where she has given a link to Ancestry. I always find that after clicking on one of Julie's links my search always reverts to the new search method!
                                Elaine

Comment

oh okay thanks, I wish they would have a system where you choose what search method and it stays there, I have never picked New search yet it goes there more or less all the time ?

Comment

Ah right Elaine that could be reason for mine , so if I found census with new search and I re click onthe the census link that might change me back ;;hmm will have to keep my eye on that one ;; learnt something everyday dont we

Comment

Not exactly Babs.
                                      You are using the old search method. You ask for help and someone puts up a link they have found using the new search. You click on it. The next search that you try to do you will find that Ancestry has changed your computer to the new search method.

.. at least that seems to be happening to me!
                                      Elaine

Comment

this lady is still saying she is not allowed to access my records ???? if you dont have full access would you still be able to ???? I'm sure the others could??

Comment

Working...
                                        X