Has anyone else noticed that ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone else noticed that ..

Ancestrys 1871 census, has had a bit of a wobbly?

for example this one..

if you look at it with the transcript below as well the transcripts are wrong compared to the image. also if you are looking for a particular person, (in my case Elizabeth PITCHFORK, b. 1850 Kirkby, but often mistrans as PITCHFORD. on the 1871 it clearly shows an Elizabeth but the actual image goes to adifferent PITCHFORD family (the one shown above)
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Not sure if it was the 1871 but just found another one which went to the wrong family - surname was the same but that was about all. Reported it so let's hope it gets changed.
    Elaine

Comment

it seems to be ALL of the 1871 Elaine, I was just helping Treesa with her family and it happened again, hopefully they will get it rectified, I did report it on the image thing but there wasnt a report wrong transc to image thing!!
      Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
        it seems to be ALL of the 1871 ....!
        I only had one problem earlier and have been using Ancestry almost all morning, but just done another handful of searches and they are all coming up with the wrong person!
        Elaine

Comment

oooh Gremilns are about..... like I say it doesnt matter who i look for on the 71, they have wrong images to transcripts.. someones been messing pressing wrong buttons me thinks!

and another thing........ that font they use now, on the header of the family transcript.. its just AWFUL and TINY

Ancestry... if it aint broke WHY fix it!!!!!! grrrrrr
          Julie

Comment

seems to be working correctly now...
            Julie

Comment

Working...
            X