Where is this ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is this ?

Its the only census I can find him on as I cannot read his place of Birth 1911Census-RG14-02-5-83-02583_0313_03.jpg
    Any help please Frederick Hill born abt 1845 a Coachman on his Marriage in Southwark in 1903 and the 1911 Census
    Father Joseph Hill a Cattle Dealer

St John Wood.....?

Comment

Hi - I think it looks like that as well..do you have a bit more of the info that you could put up so we could try and match an o or a d..

Comment

thanks Gwyn could be ??? will do that tomorrow Naomi thanks
        Last edited by Guest; 03-10-10, 23:42.

Comment

in the 1891 he says he was born in Hendon but the 1901 he simply says N K - No Known
          WendyP

Comment

thanks Wendy I thought being his Father was Joseph a Cattle Dealer I would find him easy ???? thought I had but he never appears with him on any census ?

Comment

can anybody get a better idea from this PLEASE thanks
              1911Census-RG14-02-5-83-02583_0313_03.jpg
              the bottom one is his wifes
              Last edited by Guest; 04-10-10, 15:25.

Comment

His wife's is Borough, London, but I still can't make out his. It's definitely St John, but I don't think the other word is Wood. Underneath it says London.
                My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

thanks Sue see I cant see a S at the end of St John ??? FMP mistranscribe it as St John Evans ????

Comment

On 1851 there is a Joseph Hill, drayman, with a son Frederick aged 8. They are in St Albans, Hertfordshire. Do you know Frederick's mother's name or any of his siblings?

Class: HO107; Piece: 1713; Folio: 423; Page: 45; GSU roll: 193621.

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                      thanks Sue see I cant see a S at the end of St John ??? FMP mistranscribe it as St John Evans ????
                      Sorry I couldn't see the 's' either - I've amended it now :(

I wondered if it might be St John Evan, short for Evangelist.

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

oh is there such a place ????? where is it Sue will see what I can find? thanks

Comment

There's lots of churches St John the Evangalist. but I don't actually know if there's an area called that - sorry to get your hopes up

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

so I just found never mind thanks Sue

Comment

Did you see my post #10 Val?

Originally posted by LangleyValeSue View Post
                              On 1851 there is a Joseph Hill, drayman, with a son Frederick aged 8. They are in St Albans, Hertfordshire. Do you know Frederick's mother's name or any of his siblings?

Class: HO107; Piece: 1713; Folio: 423; Page: 45; GSU roll: 193621.

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

oh no I didnt Sue thanks , dont know anything about him other than he married my rellie in 1903 in Southwark, I like to put the Parents names at least in my tree, but not having much luck with this man .
                                Isnt a Drayman to do with Beer ??? this man is supposed to be Cattle Dealer?

Comment

A drayman drove a wagon & horses transporting all sorts of goods including beer. He would have had to look after the horses as well. Don't know if he may have gone on to be a cattle dealer.
                                  I'll keep looking.

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

leave me alone I'm thinking modern day arent I ? I found that family in 1861 and Joseph is now a Brewers Labourer ??
                                    Sue dont laugh but I just noticed Frederick was a widower when he married my rellie. so been trying to track him that way and may have found him ??? born in Hendon ? he is a Bus Driver in 1901 and a Coachman in 1891 ??? what do you reckon ? now all I need to do is find his Wifes Death

Comment

could this be the first wifes death entry

Deaths Dec 1902

Elizabeth Hill age shown as 61 in the Camberwell area ref's 1d 488
                                      WendyP

Comment

Could this be WARE in Herts ? Its not too far fron St Albans but closer to Hertford.

Comment

Working...
                                        X