Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Germany Deaths Help

is there anywhere to look for these think I know the years ??? thanks
    Agnes Metternich born 1845 in Hastings and her Husband John Metternich born abt 1840 in Germany
    have them up till 1891 in this Country and somebody suggested they died maybe in Germany he in 1914 she in 1915

I believe you'll find that German records tend to be held locally, rather than centrally. If you know where they were in Germany in 1914/15, then you may be able to find out directly.

Most towns seem to have their own websites, which list local groups. I found a Local History & Culture Group that way, and they were able to put me in touch with a genealogist who helped me enormously with my own quest on behalf of my niece. Even if they can't give you specific facts, they may be able to steer you towards the correct place.

Have you had a look in the FTF Reference Library? There are usually helpful things there. I think that we did have a German national on the site for a while, and I believe that he helped with that info.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

thanks again Christine was hoping to find their emigration records as not sure where in Germany ??

Comment

Val
        on the Family Search Pilot site they have some German records but I don't know if they have that late a date.

June

Comment

thanks June did look on there but no luck

Comment

I don't think there's much in the way of migration records for within-Europe. There are a few incoming records on Ancestry, but I don't recall seeing any outgoing ones.

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

maybe I'll ask the person who suggested it where she got her info from ?? thanks again Christine

Comment

Working...
              X