Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry changed again???

That should be changed not chaged lol
    Can someone please confirm I am not going mad....

The LMA London Baptism and Burial records no longer show Event Date, Parish or Poor Law Union, and Borough in the search results?

They were there, I would swear, a few days ago!

If they have been removed and are not to be reinstated then it will certainly make searching alot more time consuming. :(

Chris
    Last edited by Chris in Sussex; 03-10-10, 19:28.
    Avatar....My darling mum, Irene June Robinson nee Pearson 1931-2019.

'Take nothing on its looks, take everything on evidence. There is no better rule' Charles Dickens, Great Expectations.

I've noticed the same over the last couple of days. It's really annoying!
    Elaine

Comment

Glad it's notjust me Elaine...Thanks

I did a test on details I had for a baptism and to find it I would have to have flaffed about 'hovering' over the first bit for about four pages... And in this instance the county was wrong, it was listed as Middlesex when it was Surrey!

I feel for those with surnames like Smith, father John and mother Mary :(

Chris

'Take nothing on its looks, take everything on evidence. There is no better rule' Charles Dickens, Great Expectations.

Comment

There is a thread on the Ancestry message boards - hopefully the Ancestry team will respond
        Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine

I think I will e.mail Ancestry too, to express my disappointment and displeasure.

Chris

Comment

If you search using FTM it finds them for you. I have both FTM 2006 and 2008 and they both found my grandfather's baptism straight away. Hope they get it sorted soon on Ancestry though as I prefer to search there.
            Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

I have contacted Charlene, User Experience Manager, at Ancestry & got an immediate response asking for the url of my results page & a screen shot.
              The url I managed but I have no idea how to do a screen shot so I suggested that either she gives me permission to post her addy on here or she posts here herself & opens dialogue with you all.
              I'll let you know what response I get.
              Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

seems that Ancestry are having quite a few 'problems' since the upgrade!!

thanks Vivienne, it will be interesting to see what the outcome is
                Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by Chris in Sussex View Post
                  That should be changed not chaged lol
                  Can someone please confirm I am not going mad....

The LMA London Baptism and Burial records no longer show Event Date, Parish or Poor Law Union, and Borough in the search results?

They were there, I would swear, a few days ago!

If they have been removed and are not to be reinstated then it will certainly make searching alot more time consuming. :(

Chris
                  Chris, I have altered your title, so you not losing the plot totally :D
                  Julie
                  They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I just had a reply from Charlene that the engineers have just fixed it, I have my fingers crossed but it's too late for me to check it now.;)

Comment

I have just checked both the baptism and burials and sadly it is still the same.

Maybe it needs time to update.

Many thanks Vivienne for your taking this up direct with your Ancestry contact.

Chris

Comment

Oh dear Chris, I haven't time to check this morning but I will get on it this afternoon & get back to Charlene if it is still the same.

Comment

I reckon they are having lots of problems they have told me there is a glitch in the trees

Comment

I did a quick check before I went out this morning & like Chris it was still the same so I told Charlene that.:(

This afternoon it seems to be ok, could a few of you that had probs please check before I report back & thank Charlene.;)

Comment

Just checked Vivienne and it all seems to be back to normal with dates and parishes appearing on the search results.
                              Elaine

Comment

Thank you Elaine, I'll let Charlene know.

She gave me a telephone number that I didn't know about so incase anyone needs help in the future I'll add it here.
                                According to Charlene they would talk you through any problems & if anything shows up they can report it straight away;
                                Member Services 0800 4049723

Comment

Working...
                                X