Irish ancestor- where do I find...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish ancestor- where do I find...

...out anything about her e.g birth record to gain her parents names etc (I have her year and county of birth)?
    Thanks
    Teresa

If it is after 1864 you can buy a birth certificate.You can buy from General register Office (Google for North or South)or you can buy from local Register Offices-just like here.If it is a common name then it is difficult to pick out the right one,particularly as you don't have the parents names,so no reference points.
    Fran

Comment

Hi, sorry for the late reply my computer broke! She was born in Southern Ireland (Sligo) in 1934. I think I have found her and her siblings on an Irish site (family search Ireland I think)! However, it only gives her surname and not parents first names! Think I will send for the birth cert! Thanks

Comment

You could try www.brsgenealogy.com This takes you into roots ireland. You need to register then you can search and if you find what you want it costs 5euro I think to view. Can be expensive.

Glenda
        Last edited by Caroline; 11-10-10, 13:33. Reason: Corrected the link

Comment

Don't forget,if you send to the General register office you can ask for a photocopy of the entry and it is cheaper.It has the same infomation on it.I don't know if the local offices provide the same service.The problem is that you may find that it is difficult to get the money to them as they want to be paid in Euros.
          Fran

Comment

Originally posted by fran View Post
            Don't forget,if you send to the General register office you can ask for a photocopy of the entry and it is cheaper.It has the same infomation on it.I don't know if the local offices provide the same service.The problem is that you may find that it is difficult to get the money to them as they want to be paid in Euros.
            Fran
            You can pay someone in a foreign currency by purchasing an International Money Order but that does cost extra to the amount you need to send. The best is if they take a credit card and pay by Visa.
            The PRONI which covers Northern Ireland take cards and over the phone.
            Margaret
            Margaret

Comment

Working...
            X