Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some help but a living person is involved

hi,

i need some help but a living person is involved (who wont give info). long story.

my nan gave me some info yesterday - enough to get me looking at tree again but not enough to help! (hope this makes sense so far).

i have found on her 1st marriage to uncles dad (didnt know uncle had different dad to mum). i dont know when her and mr x got divorced (if they did!) 2yrs after my uncle was born to mr x, my nan had an affair and my mum was born by mr haylock (dead). nan also said my mum and uncle had a sister 2yrs after mum was born that died at a few hrs old.

here's my problem - i dont know if baby belongs to mr x, mr haylock, or my grandad mr p (dead). PLUS to add even more confusion nan was born with 1 surname and when her parents married she took her fathers name so it could be 1 of 5 names (that i know of!)

when i asked nan more about baby she clammed up.

is there an easy way to try and find baby? would it have been registered for birth and death as it was alive at birth for few hrs?

if anyone has any ideas or can think of a way to help i am more than willing to give info in a PM.
    **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

I think that the only way is to look in the indexes, as the child did live there should be a birth and death certificate for the child
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Yes it'll be registered if it lived even for a short time, but it may not be named, so it may be indexed as Female (surname) or Male (surname).

Comment

thank you. a nice long job for me...... may wait until after funeral and see if i can get bit more info somehow
        **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by yummy-mummy-amy View Post
          thank you. a nice long job for me...... may wait until after funeral and see if i can get bit more info somehow
          well if you know it was a girl, you could try calling the bluff, by saying, oh, I found Abigails birth... and see if she falls and says noo she wasnt called Abigail it was so and so... it might work.

oh and i'm sorry for your loss Amy,
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

amy, you could look for this child under those names. you have the father's surnames, you know your grandmothers surname, and you have a rough estimate of the time and place. a little playing around and you could find this child.

Comment

Working...
            X