Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gravestone photos

I have just found this web site
    An international directory of grave monuments photos produced by Gravestone Photographic Resource Project (GPR)

it seems very good tho havent found any of my people on there. Seems to cover Edinburgh, Yorkshire and a lot of southern England.(and Australia Canada Hong Kong Malta etc.)) Its worth rooting about in.
    Mods; please can you put this link in the wiki as I cant find it there. If its already there just ignore me!
    Thanks very much.
    Angelina

This is a great site - they send you a free photo almost by return of email. I was chuffed to find my lowly gt x 3 grandparents' gravestone in an isolated Norfolk churchyard. It's virtually an impossible place for me to get to by public transport, so wonderful that its been made accessible for me like this.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Thanks Angelina.
      It's already on the Cemeteries Online page
      Elaine

Comment

Glad you found the project useful, as a volunteer it is always good to hear that people are happy with it. I know Charles puts an awful lot of work into it. If anyone has a bit of time and feels like volunteering please do. there is a page on how to volunteer and what to do. Sorry mods if I shouldn't have raised the rallying call but as this is a free resource I hope it's okay.
        Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Of course it's OK Bubblebelle!
          Elaine

Comment

That is the site which not only provided me with a photo of my 2x gt grandparents' grave but put me in touch with another of their 2x gt grandchildren, so I gladly sent them a donation.

Comment

Working...
            X