• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sarah cummins

:(hi all
    im lookink for info on a sarah cummins sydney aust ,nee reynolds dob 1832
    married a patrick cummins sydney
    i cannot find out what happen to her where she died or when she must of disappeared
    her mother wasa sarah hart father's name patrick
    can i get a little help with this one please
    hotmail x

Am moving this over to Research Qs & As where hopefully someone will be able to help you.
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Do you know who the children of Patrick and Sarah were, and when Patrick died?

If he died first, perhaps Sarah remarried, in which case her death will be registered under a different surname.

Comment

Sarah Reynolds married Patrick Cummins in Sydney in 1857.

I suppose you have that......do you have the cert??? That should give both sets of parents names.

Comment

There are a possible 9 children born between 1859 and 1878.

Comment

There is a possible death for Patrick (sen) in 1878, but I can't find a remarriage for Sarah. There are a few possible deaths for Sarah.

To make it a bit harder, there is another marriage for a Patrick Cummins and Sarah Rodgers in 1868. I can't find a death for Sarah Cummins, nee Reynolds between her marriage and the marriage of the 'other' Patrick, so presume there are two Patrick Cummins marrying Sarahs.

I think you will have to get some certs to sort it out.......................you can get transcriptions at a lower cost.

Are you working back with certs???? I think you will have to so you don't get the families muddled (speaking from sad experience...lol)

Comment

Yes, I was wondering if that second Patrick Cummins marriage was the same Patrick, as it's an unusual name.

I guessed that the three children born in Paddington belonged to the first Sarah and Patrick, but it looks as though they all died in infancy. Who are you related to, hotmail? One of Patrick and Sarah's children?

Comment

Hi hotmail - any luck in the beta newspaper site for some clues http://newspapers.nla.gov.au/
                  There are a number of Sarah Cummins and of Peter Cummins..if you do advanced search, you can whittle it down..

Comment

hi all
                    thank you all for your reply's
                    no i am sending for sarah's death cert today but there is only one sarah cummins in that time that may be my sarah died1882 so im giving that a go
                    yes i have got the info on her family and children
                    i just needed to find out about sarah herself
                    if this is my sarah when the cert comes back ill let you all know ok thanks again
                    hotmail

Comment

Working...
                    X