7 days C.C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 days C.C

Richard James Fullicks was a troublesome soldier and got 7 days CC for striking a comrade iin his hut.

I know that C.B is confined to barracks, but what is C.C. please?

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/Browse/...+Fullicks&cr=1

Confined to camp

There's a useful list of abbreviations here

All about the British Army of the First World War. Find how to research the men and women who served, and stacks of detail about the army organisation, battles, and the battlefields.
    Jackie

Comment

Jill my OH, ex Army, says probably Close Confinement, probably in the Regimental Jail (glass house)
      Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

Thankyou ladies. Just been browsing further and he ruptured himself by overstraining in a Bakery, fractured a leg on plank and had varicose veins - I wonder what he answered to "What did you do in the war Daddy?"

...then he injured his testicles while falling with a bag of bread in Calais...
        Last edited by Jill on the A272; 01-10-10, 22:08. Reason: more bad luck!

Comment

Goodness Jill, he sounds like a walking disaster..............did he actually survive active service?

Comment

Yes, he was married to my granny's aunt Ethel and lived on until 1935.

Comment

Working...
            X