Can anyone help me with a smith family please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help me with a smith family please

Ive been looking on ancestry and free bmd, but cant find this family.

my uncle possible living person smith bn approx 1923 gives his age as 29 on his marriage certificate in 1952.

sisters,possible living person - possible living person, brothers, gordon and stephen/stephan, these two died young I have been told.

their father, sydney victor smith. was deceased at the time of my uncle's marriage.

my uncle was believed to have been born Hammersmith/ealing area, I also believe the others were born in the same area.

any help gratefully apreciated.

thanks
    jean
    Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 29-09-10, 20:21. Reason: names of possible living persons removed

Jean, sorry but I have had to remove some of the names as they might refer to living people.
    If you know they have died then you can add them back in.

If anyone thinks they can help Jean perhaps they could make contact via PM (personal message)
    Elaine

Comment

hi elaine,

that's o.k. they are all deceased.

jean

Comment

Hi Jean
        Can you stick the names back in then please?
        When you say you can't find them, do you mean that you can't find the BMD records for them?
        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

their names are, john benjamin smith, my uncle, his sister's, beryl and caroline/carol not sure, his brother's gordon and stephen/stephan not sure of the spelling for stephen, the brother's died young.

their father was sydney victor smith, he was a postman. my uncle was living in ealing when he married my auntie. my cousin said he think's his dad came from ealing, not sure of the others tho.

Im trying to find a surname of the mother to match all four, but I havnt had any luck. I cant find them on ancestry or free bmd.

Comment

when did Sydney die ???

Comment

not sure, he was deceased by 1952, my uncle john passed away in 1987.

Comment

Just to let you know I'm looking but nothing concrete so far.

Comment

I can't find a JOhn B SMith death in 1987 Jean

I thought the most likely marriage for Sydney would be the Coe one but the only birth name that you have given that seems to fit for that one is a Stephen.

Comment

I'm having problems too not a lot to go on ?

Comment

I have found the possible births of all of them now except my uncle john, there is a beryl m born1934 carole j, stephen v born 1921 and gordon f born 1924 all with the mothers surname as stammers, but now I cant find a birth for my uncle with this mothers surname. I will look again tomoro.

thankyou for all your help and replies.

jean
                      x

Comment

Ahhhhhh, I hadn't thought to look for the marriage under Sidney with an i. I assume you have the marriage now in Sept 1919?

Comment

How about this one Jean - mother possibly mistranscribed as Stanners -

JOhn B Smith - July-Sept 1922 - Brentford - 3a 259

Comment

Jean have pmd you as some of these may be living I have found 6 children right parents

Comment

thats could be him Chrissie as the first child was born in 1921

Comment

What about Grace D and Margaret G? Don't you think they are yours too?

Comment

And the marriage was in 1919 Val.

Comment

I sent her those Chrissie sent 6 names ,as for the marriage date ??? well lol

Comment

reckon you found him Chrissie thats the only John in the right area and time frame .

Comment

there is a Sidney V Smith died in Brentford in 1944

Comment

Working...
                                        X