Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me find Elizabeth Houlston in 1881!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me find Elizabeth Houlston in 1881!

Need your help again, oh eagle eyed ones!

I really, really need to pin Elizabeth Houlston/Holston down in the 1881 census. I've tried lots of searches on her and other family members but can't find her. Details so far:

Elizabeth Holston (1874) marries James Degg in Dec qtr 1892 in Cannock Staffordshire. In 1891 she appears to be at home with father Enoch and his 2nd wife Sarah here RG12; Piece: 2219; Folio 158; Page 49. Her younger sister Rosina aged 3 there, also later goes on to marry James Degg in 1903, after her sister dies. Elizabeth is consistent in her birth year on the 1891 and 1901 (RG13; Piece: 2663; Folio: 10; Page: 11), but place of birth varies as either Hednesford or Wimblebury, Staffordshire.

Father Enoch can be found easily enough on the 1871 with first wife Martha, and children, but I can't find any of the family whatsoever on the 1881.

Please help!!
    Kate x

What about this 1881 entry

RG11; Piece: 2779; Folio: 155; Page: 49
    Elaine

Comment

Oh I could kiss you!!! And given the tendency to dropped h's in the local accent, it's perfect. Thank you so much, it's definately her, and I can place her definitively in my tree now.

In alls eriousness, the people on this forum really do rock - you are all so unstinting in your time and efforts, and it really is appreciated,

Kate x

Comment

Hello, I have Enoch and Martha as my g/g/g parents and Rosina as well. Enoch born 1842 Martha born 1846, son Samuel born 1866, Rosina born 1868 can you help plse?

Comment

Hi Jabez, it might be a good idea to send Kate a message just in case she misses your post. Click on her username to the left of her post and you will find the private message option.
          Elaine

Comment

Hi Jabez, I'm looking into these people on my tree again right now, and will message you when I'm up to speed!

Kate x

Comment

Working...
            X