Help with Pennington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Pennington

I was hoping that someone can find William Pennington on any census. I have done a search, but can't see full details as not subbed. I guess bc 1790 onwards till c1800 ish as he was a witness to a marriage that took place in Runcorn, Cheshire in 1823.

Just trying to find a connection in that I am hoping he is related in some way.

Thanks very much

regards
    treesa

Found this, not sure if he will be who you're looking for......the only William coming up on 1841 so far.

H0107/96 Folio 4 Page 12
    Civil Bunbury
    Hundred Eddisbury (first division)
    Reg dist. Nantwich
    Sub Bunbury

William Pennington age 45 Smith Born about 1796
    Richard 20 Farmer
    Sarah 15
    Mary 10
    William 8

Looks like he's alone with his children
    Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Comment

Thanks very much. I will keep hold of these details in case they are correct. I tried the free 81, but I suspect William was deceased by then.

Comment

there is a William Pennington born abt 1801 in Cheshire a Pipemaker with wife Elizabeth and family living in Love Street St John The Baptist Chester

Comment

This is another possible - thanks very much! Sorry I haven't much to go on - I know it makes it so much more difficult.

Comment

My great grandfather on my mothers side was born William Pennington (not sure of the year) known by his family nickname "Billy" in the lancashire area...I am just starting to research my family tree on behalf of my mum who was born in Rainford nr St Helens in 1933!
            Other surnames connected with my Pennington side are, Welsby (Grandmother) Greenall, Ball

Any help would be wonderful, thanks!!
            My mother is convinced Johnny Vegas is my distant cousin!! ;D

Comment

Have you found him on census? I'm not sure where 'my' William came from, just a rough birth year.

Comment

No I have not, sorry!
                is just word of mouth from my mum. Her grandfather was "Billy" William Pennington and his daughter (my grandmother) one of 13 children, I think, all lived in the Lancashire, Merseyside area, but other than talking to mum I have not found anything on-line!..but then I have only just sarted looking!

Comment

I think you need to trace back from your mum, then her parents and then back a generation again, to William Pennington. Have you got any birth/marriage certificates? It is possible that William is on the 1881 census, which is free to view the transcriptions, but without a birth year it is difficult to know which one would be him. Do you know your grandmother's name? You can also search the 1911 census, which may be a better starting point for you.

Comment

Hi Treesa, and many thanks for the help!

My grandmother was born "Ada Welsby" on 13th April 1910, my mum has told me, but I dont have any birth certificates!

Comment

UPDATE - I have just been tracing forward Victoria and something doesn't quite fit the family below. If you would like to send me a private message with your mothers name I would be happy to search for you.
                      Sorry, removed it as I made a complete hash of it :o I can't find a birth reg for your grandmother. The one I found was born a quarter too early.

I think it might be a good idea to start your own thread Victoria as they seem to be a different family to Treesas'.
                      Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 01-10-10, 11:30.
                      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Working...
                      X