I've had a breakthrough!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've had a breakthrough!!

I spent a day at the Scottish Records Office last week and at long last found the death cert for my great grandfather. Why he was in hospital in Edinburgh instead of Dundee I will probably never know, none of his immediate family were living there so far as I know.

However, as I was recording the information the surname of his mother rang a bell. Back home I checked my tree without success, but the name still niggled.

Now, I keep a folder of information on people for whom I have found birth/marriage/death/census info of the same surname (Kidney), and I have been looking through it, and there she was, Bridget McQuade wife of James Kidney and 4 offspring(now its 5).

Lots to explore now and a contact to find from GR days whose hubby's family descends from one of those offspring. I should have her details somewhere and it means I have a link to more relatives, albeit distant!

Oh I love this hobby when things fall into place!!
    Sheila

Taking a pause from tripping the light fantastic.

Great stuff, Sheila.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

thats great it certainly pays to keep notes

Comment

Well done, Sheila.
        Gives you a great buzz, doesn't it?

Jay
        Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Now this is where a "like" button or maybe a "hurrah" button would come in handy.
          Congrats on the breakthrough
          Donelda

searching for the Berkshire Hobbises, Rowles, Staniford, Rogers, Parkers, Thackhams, Gouts, LeBouviers, Heaphys and Wilsons

Comment

Thanks everyone, I think I am still on a high!

I've just booked another couple of days this week at the records office so that I can flesh out a bit more on these new rellies.

It doesn't take me back very much as they all came over from Ireland in the 1840s and 50s and I have very few details of where in Ireland other than I think it is the north.
            Sheila

Taking a pause from tripping the light fantastic.

Comment

I still have not got over finding a contact who had a Photo of My Grandfather who neither I nor my Mother had seen as he died when she was 4 months old .

Comment

Working...
              X