Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't find Jeanie before 1901

I have Jeanie Brown on the 1901 census with her husband Robert

Source Citation: Parish: Edinburgh Duddingston; ED: 6; Page: 2; Line: 9; Roll CSSCT1901_393; Year: 1901.

But I can't find anything else.

Her maiden name was Morrison.

Any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by flashieboy; 26-09-10, 06:50.

Do you know the names of her parents or any siblings?
    Would they have been married in the 1891 census?
    Elaine

Comment

All I know is what is on the census.....and on my grandmothers marriage certificate it says her parents were Robert Brown and Jeanie Brown nee Morrison.

My grand mother Jeanie Brown was 24 when she married in Airdrie in 1921.

Comment

I know there is a lot more information on Scottish certificates.
        Does your grandmother's birth certificate have the date and place of her parent's marriage - according to SP this is on certificates from 1861 onwards.
        If you can find your ggparents marriage certificate it will give you more information about Jeanie's family.
        Elaine

Comment

Ok....I will sort that out then.....I don't seem to have enough information to go on without it.....thanks

Comment

I'll be in the Scottish Records Office next week, probably Wednesday and Friday. Want me to look anything up?
            Last edited by Dancing Sheila; 26-09-10, 08:32. Reason: Spelling!!
            Sheila

Taking a pause from tripping the light fantastic.

Comment

Anything that couls shed a light on Jeanie Morrsion would be wonderful.

I have looked on Scotlandspeople.....and I can't find a marriage betwen Robert Brown and Jeanie Morrison......but there is a marriage of Robert Brown to ? Morrison.

I can't find a birth for a Jeanie Morrison that fits her details from the 1901 census......so I am a bit stuck.

Comment

OK I've put it in the book and I'll see what I can do.
                Sheila

Comment

M'mmm I'm afraid I don't have any good news.

As far as I can see the census you refer to does not seem to be the same family as your grandmother. The census Jeanie has the surname Harkness not Morrison - I have tracked the births and the parent's marriage to confirm.

Like you I cannot find any other good info on Robert Brown and Jeanie Morrison or on their daughter Jeanie. The question now is have they come to Airdrie from elsewhere - possibly Ireland?

Sorry it has not been more fruitful.

What I didn't do, and if you don't already know I can have a look on Friday, is try to find a death in Scotland for any of them.
                  Sheila

Comment

Bump.
                    Sheila

Comment

Thank you for looking for me.

I was sent the following information this week......I now know I was looking for the wrong family........this interchanging the name Jeanie with Jane just confuses me no end.

JEANIE BROWN

Jeanie Brown was born approx 1897 to Robert Brown, a blacksmith, and Jeanie Morrison, going by her age at marriage.

On 7 October 1881 the marriage took place at 7 Rothesay Place, Edinburgh of Robert Brown ,blacksmith and bachelor aged 25 living at 108 Rose Street, Edinburgh, son of James Brown, tailor journeyman and Ann King deceased
                      To
                      Jane Morrison, domestic servant and spinster aged 26 living at the same address. She was daughter of Alexander Morrison, a blacksmith and Isabella Morrison.
                      Witnesses were Margaret Morrison and William Morrison.

Comment

Working...
                      X