David Tatham 1848/1850

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Tatham 1848/1850

I have David Tatham's marriage to Margaret Ellen Rogers in 1876 his age is given as 25 (thus 1850/51 dob) his father's name is Joseph Tatham, a tailor. The only David i can find in Middlesex (Clerkenwell or thereabouts)was born in 1848 with parents Joseph and Jane Tatten I cannot find a David on the census of 1851. I have all info on him after his marriage so I know he is mine! I found Joseph Tatham born abt 1801 Middx on the 1841 but couldn't find him again afterwards , but his wife was Mary, she could have been a 1st wife who died I guess.
    How can i find out if this David, son of Joseph and Jane is my David? any ideas please? or am I not going to be able to verify him.

sunny

There is a David Tathman on the 1871 census - shown as brother to the head of household who is Edward Aird?

Have you tried following this family back to see if it leads anywhere?

RG10; Piece: 338; Folio: 13; Page: 19;
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine, his father seems to have been Henry. Am still looking though as Henry and Joseph may have been brothers.

sunny

Comment

Originally posted by Sunny Rosy View Post
        The only David i can find in Middlesex (Clerkenwell or thereabouts)was born in 1848 with parents Joseph and Jane Tatten
        Where did you find this one?
        Elaine

Comment

Ignore that - found it on the LMA records
          Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Sunny Rosy View Post
            The only David i can find in Middlesex (Clerkenwell or thereabouts)was born in 1848 with parents Joseph and Jane Tatten I cannot find a David on the census of 1851.
            This David was baptised in 1848 but I think his birth was much earlier. If you look at the image his date of birth is shown as 30 March 18??
            At first I thought this might have been 1840 something, but if you look at the entry above the, where the date is 1847, the 4 is very clear.
            It looks more like 1817 to me!

Also if you look at the next page in the register you will see another baptism for Sarah, daughter of Joseph and Jane Tatten - born 27 Dec 1810.

I think these two are probably adult baptisms and nothing to do with the David you are looking for.
            Elaine

Comment

Working...
            X