Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on Rootsireland.ie

Hi
    A large amount of my Rice line from Co.Offaly Ireland have now appeared on www.rootsireland.ie and it costs 5euro per view does any one have any other site that are FREE?
    looking for Wiliam Rice 1853 Co.offaly father Thomas Rice mother unknown
    any help would be greatful
    Dom
    Ps Wiliam is the chap in photo
    Last edited by domo; 25-09-10, 09:41.

The FamilySearch beta site has increasing amounts of information for free, including some for Ireland (tho' it's mainly civil registration). Have you looked there? If you don't have the link, the quickest route is probably to go to the usual site and have a look at the drop-down list under Search in the top bar.

If later dates are useful to you, the Irish 1901 and 1911 censuses are online for free - including images.

Have a look in the FTF reference library section. There's likely to be stuff there for you to try out.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
      The FamilySearch beta site has increasing amounts of information for free, including some for Ireland (tho' it's mainly civil registration). Have you looked there? If you don't have the link, the quickest route is probably to go to the usual site and have a look at the drop-down list under Search in the top bar.

If later dates are useful to you, the Irish 1901 and 1911 censuses are online for free - including images.

Have a look in the FTF reference library section. There's likely to be stuff there for you to try out.

Christine
      Thanks christine
      i have tied this site but my line not on it yet :(
      and my greatgrandad was in uk 1886 and his father Thomas Rice was deceased on marriage cert in uk
      Dom

Comment

Originally posted by domo View Post
        Thanks christine
        i have tied this site but my line not on it yet :(
        and my greatgrandad was in uk 1886 and his father Thomas Rice was deceased on marriage cert in uk
        Dom
        christine
        how do i look at the ftf part on familysearch bets ??
        cheers
        dom
        looking for
        William Rice 1853 Co.Offaly
        Thomas Rice 1830 ?? Co.offaly birth and marrige
        any help please
        Dom

Comment

Edna
          No look for William Rice born 1853 Co.Offaly with father Thomas Rice
          William died 1927 in Manchestermarried Martha Kay 1886 St.phillips Beswick in Manchester
          Thomas past awayin ireland year ??
          Cheers
          Dom

Comment

Just purchased William record irish site but mothe only down as E Neil,so can any one help find marrige for Thomas Rice to a E NEIL in Ireland around 1850ish
            any help would be greatful
            Dom

Comment

christine
              how do i look at the ftf part on familysearch bets ??
              cheers
              dom
              Sorry for delayed reply - away on holiday.
              Also sorry for being ambiguous... FTF is our usual abbreviation for Family Tree Forum.
              The usual bit of FamilySearch is their main page. If you click on Search at the top, it should give you a drop-down list, where teh bete site is one of the options.

cheers
              Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Does any one know a ny Irish family research site ??
                looking for information on
                Willim Rice 1853 Eglish CO.Offaly
                his Father Thomas d.o.b unknown
                Mother E(no full name on william's baptisem report) Neil
                looking for any infomation on above ie marriage,sibbling
                This one is the BIG brick wall :-(
                Thanks
                Dom

Comment

Most Irish Parish records pre 1864 are NOT online. The search has to be done mainly through either Dublin National Archives for Protestant records or Dublin National Library for the RC records and this will mainly be done by going to Dublin to research yourself. If you google Offaly you will see what may be available online where some people may have put information, but if you do not find any then that is it as far as the free information on Irish Parish records go, very minimal! You can of course pay the Heritage Centres to do the work for you and there is a Heritage Centre for Offally. They do charge about £50 for an initial survey and a further £200/£300 for a full family report. Beware that the records on the other feepaying sites charging 5 euros are very incomplete. Many RC records do not go back beyond 1820 but if you google Offally you will find out how far the records go back. Some go back to 1800's and a very few may get you back to 1750 but no earlier. Protestant records in theory go back to 1600's but as many of those wetre lost in the Forecourts fire in 1922 that will also be hit and miss.

Janet

Comment

Working...
                  X