Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help finding a Birth reg Please

Alfred Treason Cross according to his marriage in 1879 born abt 1846
    according to Census records after Marriage born in Chester St Oswalds ?
    Cannot find a likely Birth

Sorry, can't access ancestry, but have you considered that he was born under his mother's maiden name? Don't know if that would fit in with his parents marriage date or not.

Comment

thanks for trying Treesa I did wonder that ??? but cannot find his parents marriage either ?

Comment

Have you found him at all pre-marriage?
        Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine no no yet ??? he says his father is dead at his marriage ?

Comment

Maybe he had two christian names but only used one? Unless the Treason is his true middle name...or the Treason was added later, by Alfred himself? Maybe he said his father was deceased but didn't know, or maybe he was made up? And you haven't found him on 51,61,and 71 census at all? If his father was deceased, did his mother remarry? (if you know her name that is).

Comment

It does seem a strange name and one of his children says his fathers name is Alfred Trevor Cross on his Marriage????
              Thanks

Comment

What is the ref no for the 1881 census and do you have him on later census too?

Comment

mmmm yes strange. and strange that you can't find hs parents marriage - do you have any likely candidates?

Comment

It could be that his birth wasn't registered, I have one like that. I got a siblings birth cert instead. But you would need to have the parents for that on census, with Alfred, so not much use to you at the moment.

Comment

If anyone is trying to find him in 1881 he has been wrongly transcribed as Alfred J Cross. He and Elizabeth are living in Southwark and have an 8 month old son named Frederick (think his second initial is L). Alfred is a law writer aged 37 and Elizabeth E is 34. Ref - Class: RG11; Piece: 519; Folio: 76; Page: 18; GSU roll: 1341116.
                      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Did he die in Croydon Val in 1911?
                        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Hi and thanks I do have the 1881 census , I dont dont yet when he died Chrissie ? but that could be him thanks I am trying to find him in 1901 ? at the moment
                          he isnt with his wife in 1901 or 1911 yet she says Married ????
                          Anybody find him ?? thanks
                          in 1891 he is a Railway Clerk
                          Last edited by Guest; 24-09-10, 19:32.

Comment

There's a newspaper report about that one Val - it could well be your man. According to the paper (The Standard, London, Tuesday, January 12, 1892) his full name was Alfred Tresor Cross aged 49 and a clerk in the office of The Grand Trunk Railway of Canada at London Bridge. He said he had been hounded by a money lender from whom he had borrowed some money and that had "caused me to lose my berth". Since then he had been out of work for 6 months and that was why he committed the crime.
                            Jackie

Comment

your amazing Jackie thats him he did use the middle name Trevor sometimes I think its just mispelt ?
                              have you got that ???

Comment

and I wonder where he is in 1901 ???

Comment

Do you want me to send it to you?
                                  Jackie

Comment

yes please do you still have my email ??

Comment

Yes - I'll do it now but it seems to be quite a big file so bear with me
                                      Jackie

Comment

Working...
                                      X