Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage

Hello

can anyone help with a lookup of the marriage between John Waters and Ann Clayton 6/11/1713, Manchester Cathedral?

Thanks in anticipation of any help that may be offered.

regards,

treesa

Hi treesa - have you found this marriage on the IGI on the Family Search website?

I doubt very much if you will find that much more information on the original record, apart from the condition of the bride/groom, i.e. bachelor/spinster, widow/widower, and perhaps an address/location and possible occupation. You would be very lucky to get parent details for an entry in parish registers.

However, if you want this record looking up, it might be worthwhile checking out where the marriage registers for Manchester Cathedral are held, then ask one of us moderators to change the thread title to reflect this - as, hopefully, somebody may be in the vicinity and will be able to assist

Comment

I have looked at Cathedral records for later dates and not been able to read them, but I will have a look next time I go. The parish records for Manchester Cathedral are held at Manchester Local Archives which used to be in Central Library but have now moved to the City library
      Last edited by Pat Hope; 29-09-10, 16:07.
      PAT

Comment

Thanks very much Pat. I have just been checking the location and you beat me to it! They have moved and are at the City Library.

Thanks very much Velma for pointing me in the right direction - it is much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
        X