Myheritage web site query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myheritage web site query

I am trying to publish my changes to my site but it keeps telling site does not exsist. The site is there. I want to contact myheritage site managers but no luck. Can anyone help

Hi Monty,

I too had problems with My Heritage site when I had to re-install the programme after experiencing problems with my lap top, when opending My Heritage site, I was presented with a message that stated that my project could not be found. You should have copies of the Gedcom file, generated by the site, saved on your computer in a folder named My Heritage (mine is stored in "My documents" folder which I think is the default setting for the programme files), open the folder until you get to a folder named Database, inside this folder is the Gedcom file which can be imported from your My Heritage Site. Should you need to contact the site, the email address for support is Support@myheritage.com, I contacted the support team myself and I have copied their reply to my query below, I hope this will be of some help to you too.

I'm sorry about that! It happens to a very small percentage of users who install newer versions of Family Tree Builder.

There is nothing to worry about. Your family tree projects are saved separately from the program and your projects will never be affected any time you install or uninstall the program.

The issue here is that the new version of Family Tree Builder doesn't know how to automatically find the family tree project files. This can happen if you save your family trees in a different location than the default location automatically defined by Family Tree Builder.

It's not a problem to fix, all you have to do is manually open the projects so that Family Tree Builder can recreate the paths to the projects. Do this once and the program will remember where they are the next time.

Here is an FAQ to help you find and open the files:
    http://www.myheritage.com/help/2009/08/i-installed-the-new-family-tree-builder-and-my-family-trees-disappeared-what-do-i-do/en/

Deborah

Comment

up dating site

Originally posted by Monty59 View Post
      I am trying to publish my changes to my site but it keeps telling site does not exsist. The site is there. I want to contact myheritage site managers but no luck. Can anyone help
      I have uninstalled the site and reinstalled and now I can publish any changes. Thanks to all for your help
      Regards Monty 59

Comment

Working...
      X