Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will query how long are they taking to arrive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will query how long are they taking to arrive?

Hi

How long do they usually take to arrive in Aust I applied about 5 weeks ago to York :(, just wondering if anyone else in Aust has ordered from them and how long they had to wait

Thanks Jebbo
    Last edited by jebbo; 23-09-10, 23:45.

Jebbett, Jebson, Goodman, White, Brown, Savory, Salisbury, Wheway, Hastings,
    Lenton, Perkins, Croshaw, Mallabone, Downey, Ring, Bergen, McConkey, Murphy.
    ( avatar Mum and Dad )

It says on the website that it's at least 21 days and it could be that they are busy - especially no doubt since Ancestry put the Probate Index online.
    I use my local probate office and they are very quick.
    Margaret

Comment

I made the same mistake of ordering from York over 5 weeks ago. They have a recorded message on their helpline saying they have unprecedented demand and are currently dealing with orders received before 15th August. They are apparently taking steps to rectify the situation - I won't hold my breath!
      Helen
      Support the S.O.P.H.I.E. campaign, Stamp Out Predudice Hatred + Intolerance Everywhere.

Visit the website at http://www.sophielancasterfoundation.com/index1.html

http://www.illamasqua.com/about/sophie/

Comment

I got mine in the end! It was a good few weeks but I knew they had my cheque. I just tried to forget about it - hard I know. I think they have been overwhelmed since the Probate records went on Ancestry, and they weren't very quick even before that!

Anne

Comment

oh wish I hadn't seen this I am waiting on one I ordered 3 weeks ago and every day I am hanging around waiting for the postman, I will be ordering my next one from the local office .

Comment

Hi
            Thankyou everyone for replies to my query , looks like I am in for a long wait , yes thought about local offices but the ones I wanted were from all different places in uk so
            opted for york instead ..mainly because of the cost of international drafts

Jebbo

( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

Ordered one on 18 August, arrived 21 Sept. Two more to go!

PS "yes thought about local offices but the ones I wanted were from all different places in uk "

AFAIK they all use the same database and can send copies of any will probated in England and Wales. Am I wrong?
              Last edited by modem; 25-09-10, 11:10.

Comment

I live in Townsville Queensland and if I get a certificate from the GRO in Southport on a good day it will take 7 days but the longest it has taken was 13 days. I hope that helps
                Sheila
                I think, therefore I am. Descarte

Comment

I live in UK. Ordered three on 17th August and haven't recieved one yet.

:(:(:(:(

June

Comment

Originally posted by jebbo View Post
                    Hi
                    Thankyou everyone for replies to my query , looks like I am in for a long wait , yes thought about local offices but the ones I wanted were from all different places in uk so
                    opted for york instead ..mainly because of the cost of international drafts

Jebbo
                    I ask my local office for wills from anywhere - they all have access to the national archive so can do any/all from the one place.

Margaret

Comment

Finally my two arrived this morning, interestingly they were ordered from York and dispatched from Birmingham. It seems that the steps taken to rectify the backlog is to farm out to local offices and sadly I am sure this will result in longer delays ordering regionally.
                      Helen
                      Support the S.O.P.H.I.E. campaign, Stamp Out Predudice Hatred + Intolerance Everywhere.

Visit the website at http://www.sophielancasterfoundation.com/index1.html

http://www.illamasqua.com/about/sophie/

Comment

I ordered three from York on the 13 August and received two from Birmingham this morning.
                        Theresa

Comment

Similar story here, ordered three from York on 12 August, received three from Birmingham this morning.

Kate x

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
                            I ask my local office for wills from anywhere - they all have access to the national archive so can do any/all from the one place.

Margaret
                            Thanks will opt for that option next time

( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

Working...
                            X