Hit forward on the Computer ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hit forward on the Computer ?

When someone says hit forward on the computer what do they mean thank you for any help.

Granabelle

Can you give an example of when you have heard this?

My first thought would be the back/forward button on your browser - on most browsers (Firefox, IE, Chrome) this would be at the top left of the screen. The back button (back arrow) takes you to the previous web page you looked at - if you keep hitting the back arrow then you go to the one before that, and the one before that etc. If you hit the forward arrow then it would take you through the pages in the opposite direction.

Does this help?
    Elaine

Comment

What it is Elaine someone sent me a little quiz thing they answer questions and send it to friends you have answer the questions and send it back and on to others but I can't get rid of there answers any way so I can put mine in hope this makes sense lol thanks.

Grannabelle

Comment

So are you talking about forwarding something by email? You should have a forward option in your email program, so for example if I sent an email to you, you could select the forward option and send it on to someone else.

How is the document coming to you? Are the questions within the email - are they in a separate attached document.
        What program do you use for your emails.
        Elaine

Comment

Coming by email a little something to read and answer no not forwarding I would do that when I have read it and put my answers in I think I will just have to ask the friend what she means maybe its an American expression ( dont know ) lol thank you anyway for your help Elaine .

Grannabelle

Comment

If you need to edit the (incoming) email before forwarding it to the next person, there may be a menu option to "Edit the Message as New" - this may be under Edit or under Message. Otherwise the incoming message is Read-Only, ie you can't edit it directly.

You should also be able to edit it if you click on Forward (ie to send to someone else, as Elaine says, but before you actually send it off). At this point you should be able to do whatever you want to it.

Comment

When you receive and open an email you can read it but not edit it. If you press the 'Forward' button (at the top next to 'Reply') it changes the email into a format that you can add your message to .... also at the same time you can edit (change or delete) the message which you are 'forwarding'.

Hope this makes sense.

Anne

Comment

These posts look like they belong in the thread started by granabella at 13:43 today.

Comment

Originally posted by col48 View Post
                  These posts look like they belong in the thread started by granabella at 13:43 today.
                  Have merged the two threads so all replies now on here.
                  Elaine

Comment

Yes thank you so much every one Ive now got it sorted so easy when you know how it is at the top of the email page forward and you just hit that and like you say I can the add or delete something else Ive learned thank you again.

Grannabella

Comment

Thanks Elaine for putting the two threads together.

Grannabella

Comment

Hello Grannabella,

Don't forget to take a look at an early thread a few days ago that both Val and myself added to. I think a forward button needs to be used with discretion.
                        Margaret N
                        DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Thank you Margaret I did have a look thanks.

Grannabella

Comment

Working...
                          X