What to try next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to try next?

In 1901 Fred Brown married Blanche Kennan in Nottingham, both born 1881. I can find no trace of them on the 1911. However I have found an entry on the UK Incoming passengers list in 1930 for Blanche Brown, b 1881 and 3 children, won't name them as they may be alive, going to stay at 36 Westgate St. in Nottingham. What is interesting is that one of the children's name and dob match with an entry in BMD, which has the mothers maiden name as Kennan. I can only find one listing for a Brown/Kennan marriage.

The family at that time lived in Southern Rhodesia. How do I find out more - is it possible to find out who was living at Westgate Street in 1930 (I checked for 1911,no match) and is there anywhere that would have records of Rhodesia. I checked the overseas births on FamilyRelatives and there is nothing there. I think the eldest child would have been born in Nottingham before they left as she was born in 1901 or 1902.

Linda
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Here's a site for Zimbabwe (previously Rhodesia) http://www.kindredtrails.com/zimbabwe.html. For Westgate Street in 1930 you would have to try the electoral roll at the library in Nottingham. You could perhaps email them for help.
    Margaret

Comment

Thanks Margaret, will check those both out.

Linda
      Linda

Comment

I have sent you a PM. I am Fred and Blanche's granddaughter.

Comment

Originally posted by Adalynne View Post
          I have sent you a PM. I am Fred and Blanche's granddaughter.
          Ozgirl is on a short holiday at present and also has family worries http://www.familytreeforum.com/showt...8692-My-father so don't be surprised if she doesn't respond at once, but I'm sure she'll be very pleased to hear from you
          Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Adalynne

Is it a coincidence that immediately after joining this forum you found this message, if so must be a record, - or did someone else point you towards it?
            People: Canton, Wiseman, Colthup, Scrace
            Places: Pembrokeshire, Kent.

Comment

I suspect Adalynne found this on the net and then joined to contact the poster.There have been several like this lately. Just shows that these old postings are still out there for someone to find. I wish someone would pick up some of my old postings LOL.
              Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
                I suspect Adalynne found this on the net and then joined to contact the poster.There have been several like this lately. Just shows that these old postings are still out there for someone to find. I wish someone would pick up some of my old postings LOL.
                Me too!!
                Margaret

Comment

I just received your message and have replied, hope you receive it. So much has happened in this week it feels like we have been away forever.to refer
                  Linda

Comment

I decided a few days ago to start researching my family. Where to start? Then thought about the fact that others may have already done some work, so googled the names of my great grandparents, and voila! the posts on your forum referred to them! It took me all of 30 seconds to find the posts about them! So glad I found your Forum at the same time, because it has so much info!!

Comment

Working...
                    X