Not sure where to put this? Baptism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure where to put this? Baptism

Is there anybody around who could maybe find a Baptism for me ???? probably in Bermondsey or Southwark ,by going to the appropiate place?
    Cannot find it anywhere thanks

If the records are held at the London Metropolitan Archives - and are the same churches which are already available to view on Ancestry - then the person doing the lookup will only be looking through the same parish registers that are available to you on Ancestry.

Give us what you know and I'll have a glance through to see if I can see anything.
    Elaine

Comment

thanks Elaine its that Jane Townsend I was on about , dont know where else to look

Comment

Point me to the thread - or give me some info about Jane.
        Elaine

Comment

it this one Elaine thanks for offering

she is born 1796 on 1841
          1793 in 1851
          1789 in 1861

Comment

OK - will have a look.
            Elaine

Comment

I've done a search through the parish registers for St Mary Magdelene Bermondsey from 1781 - 1793 (pages 34-75) and cannot see her there.

You could try St. Olave Bermondsey.
              Elaine

Comment

thanks Elaine I wonder if she was baptised??

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                  http://www.familytreeforum.com/showt...ng-her-parents
                  it this one Elaine thanks for offering

she is born 1796 on 1841
                  1793 in 1851
                  1789 in 1861
                  The 1841 age must be "45"? Unless it's a page where the ages haven't been rounded down, then her DoB could be anywhere from Jun 1791 - May 1796... assuming the age was correct to start with!

Does your library service have the library edition of Ancestry.com? If so, altho' you wouldn't be able to use it from home, you should be able to use it at a local library?

Christine
                  Last edited by Christine in Herts; 20-09-10, 16:48.
                  Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

thanks Christine I have looked between 1791 and 1798 , I have never heard of the Library edition of Ancestry.com? thanks will try them tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                    X