Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Irish and Channel Isles marriages, where are the ofspring listed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish and Channel Isles marriages, where are the ofspring listed?

I am having problems with my Irish ancestors.

I have a William Gilmore who married Mary Martin in 1857. They had 6 children (got them listed), one of which was William Joseph Gilmore b 11 July 1862 he married Mary Jane Crilley b 14 May 1861 in July 1884.

A child from that marriage was Christopher Gilmore b 26 Nov 1890 Dublin d 10 Nov 1974 Manchester.

He (Christopher) seems to have married twice with just a small gap between?

First he married Margaret O'Gorman possible date is April-June 1915 Dublin South. They had at least 1 child from this marriage Mary Bridget Gilmore b 4 Oct 1919 Borris Co. Carlow d 22 May 1989 Kent UK.

Where there any more ofspring from this marriage?

He then marries again on 12th Nov 1921 in Guernsey Ch isles to
    Annie Louisa Solley b 12 nov 1891 St Peter port Guernsey d 16 mar 1980 Manchester
    Where there any children from this marriage?

What a jump from Co Carlow Ireland to Guernsey with a child under 2yrs old, did the wife die in Ireland or make it to Guernsey where he married again?

Ancestry doesnt seem to be of much use for the above. Familysearch.org has some records as does www.census.nationalarchives.ie

I have recollections of an Aunt Agnes and a cousin Yvonne one or both may have been in Guernsey in late 1940's

If anyone has any good methods for finding any of the above it would be a great help.

you could try looking at our Guernsey page in our reference library, click link below

Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks Julie, I have looked there but not had any luck so far.

Using this http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html Which is really quite good though it takes a while to load pages I managed I think to solve the question of what happened to Christopher Gilmores first wife.
      I think she died either in childbirth or shortly after as he married Margaret O'Gorman Apr - Jun 1915 in Dublin South (transcribed wrongly as Margaret Gorman )

Margaret Gilmore (was O'gorman) then died Age 27 in Co. Carlow Oct - Dec 1919. Mary her daughter was born 4th Oct 1919 Co. Carlow.

I still dont understand how Christopher and newborn or at most 2yr old child end up in Guernsey and find a new Wife that quickly.

Comment

Had a breakthrough on this yesterday when I not only found a living relative, but one who has done a lot of tree work already. Just need to wait for the postie to bring the papers now so I can see how much is left to do.

Comment

Glad you are having success with this side of the family. I had a relative who ended up in Guernsey with his family - found out he was a lighthouse keeper!

Comment

Working...
          X