FMP Offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMP Offer

I had an email the other day saying I hadn't used the site for a while and asking me to fill in a survey. The survey was about the quality of the records etc, etc, and also asked why I didn't have a sub. I replied that it was too expensive. ( I have been buying credits on the 1911 site since it started).
    I now have another email which starts:-

Dear Lynne,
    We've noticed that you've spent a substantial amount of money on PayAsYouGo credits and we'd like to give you back some of the money you've spent. We're offering you a fantastic deal on a Full subscription which will give you a £50 discount: a year's Full subscription for just £100 instead of £149.90!

As I have never had a sub, I wonder if this is good value and whether it would give me anything that I don't have on my basic Ancestry sub (My free access runs out on 10 October).

Any advice please?
    Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

well there is the 1911 census records for a start ? well worth it just for that I'd say, I am going to email them as they only offered me 20% off

Comment

Oops, hope I haven't started something Val! Does it have all the census and BMD's too?
      Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

What FMP offers which is different from Ancestry:

Chelsea Pensioner records - http://www.findmypast.co.uk/chelsea-...h-start.action
        1841-1911 census - searchable by name or address
        Fully indexed birth registrations for England and Wales 1837-2006. Same for marriages and deaths are also in the pipeline. (All BMDs are there at the moment - but not fully indexed - in other words you need to search through the quarters)
        Index to death duty registers 1796-1903 - http://www.findmypast.co.uk/helpadvi...ills-divorces/
        Passenger Lists Leaving UK 1890-1960 - http://www.findmypast.co.uk/migration.jsp

- and probably one of the most important things is the vastly growing collection of parish records - http://www.findmypast.co.uk/helpadvi...ords/index.jsp
        If you keep scrolling down the page on that link you will find them listed by county/place name.

- and a good offer of a 33% discount! Lucky you!
        Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine, that's really useful. I think I will go for it although it doesn't look like there are any parish records for my area but maybe they will come soon.
          Lynne

Comment

I had the same email which baffled me a bit as I haven't used PAYG credits for years, in fact I had a sub until earlier this year! I probably won't take them up on it as Ancestry offers the LMA records and my tree is based almost solely in London. Can't say I've missed having FMP all that much but I know other people love it.
            Sue

Comment

I find it a bit cheeky that they are offering 30+% discounts to those that have used the PAYG facility - when those of us who have had a continual annual membership are only offered 20%. :(

Their 20% loyalty discount has always been one of their selling points.
              Elaine

Comment

Oh dear, I'm sorry I put this up now, I assumed others had good offers. I used to use the site years ago, long before the name change but have only used the 1911 site recently.
                Lynne

Comment

Maybe of us who had to pay for 1911 credits, even though we had full subs to FMP at the time, will get a similar reduction!!
                  Caroline
                  Caroline's Family History Pages
                  Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Granny Lynne View Post
                    Oh dear, I'm sorry I put this up now, I assumed others had good offers.
                    Oh, don't worry Lynne. The same thing happens with Ancestry - I was lucky enough to get a 25% discount recently!
                    Enjoy the offer!
                    Elaine

Comment

not your fault Lynne I shant mention your name

Comment

Lol Val, thanks!

I have spent well over £100 on 1911 credits so I think I will take them up on their offer. Hope others get a similar offer too.
                        Lynne

Comment

oh yes Lynne well worth it if you use 1911 census much I must have saved a lot of money

Comment

i think we should be thankful fmp even offer a discount!! from what ive heard, ancestry only offer one if you seriously haggle with them after they ****** you around first! and even then it isnt the same as everyone elses offer. mind you the london records pre 1813 are starting to look juicer if they will help me solve my mothers maiden name!

Comment

Originally posted by Sue from Southend View Post
                              I had the same email which baffled me a bit as I haven't used PAYG credits for years, in fact I had a sub until earlier this year
                              Thats odd Sue as this is The answer I got from them

The loyalty discount offered to subscribers is by far the largest generally-available discount we offer, and is a demonstration of the value we place in looking after our current customers. No other family history website makes this commitment to their customers, as they tend to focus on offering large discounts to new customers, which we do not believe is the right way of doing things.

We recently made a small and highly-targeted offer to a number of customers who have bought a significant number of PayAsYouGo credit packages from us. This offer is limited to a very small number of loyal customers who are using credits, and is designed to save them money by offering the chance to reclaim some of the money spent on credits in the past by changing their membership to a subscription. This offer is not available to anybody outside this group, or who has not spent a significant sum on PayAsYouGo credits.

Findmypast, as many businesses, makes a range of offers and prices available to different customers from time to time, as we believe in treating customers as individuals – however a current subscriber is always guaranteed the loyalty discount whenever they renew, regardless of any other offers made.

Best regards,

Comment

Working...
                              X