Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1871 census please

Hello,

I am looking for Hugh Jones bc 1796, Holywell on the 71 census please. He would be a widower and likely to be in the area of Holywell still.

Any help much appreciated - hoping someone can locate him!

regards,
    reuben

Are you sure he hadn't died before 1871 Reuben? There are several possible deaths in Holywell. There is only one in Holywell that looks a possibility in 1871 but he is only 80 and it gives his birth place as Pullhell, Caernarfonshire.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Thanks very much for your reply. I am not sure if he had died by then - I was hoping that if there was a possible for him on the 1871, it would help me determine a death for him. Thank you for looking. Much appreciated.

Comment

I think that may be a problem Reuben. After 1865, when ages were registered there isn't one of quite the right age. However, between 1861 and 1865 there are 8 possible deaths in Holywell I'm afraid.
        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Thank you - I relaise that it is difficult - given the date and the name I am looking for!
          Best wishes,

reuben

Comment

have you looked to see if he was living with children in the 1871 census?
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

No, but thanks very much for the advice. I will dig out my papers and scrutinize them!

Hopefully they may clarify things for me.
              I will get back once I have studied the family.

Thanks again,
              reuben

Comment

Working...
              X