S. A. death look up please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S. A. death look up please

my 4th great grandfather johann ernst altmann died on 21 apr 1930, i assume at tanunda in south australia. i have this from a family history book, and his headstone. i havn't found his death cert details in the indexes so far, i wondered if someone could check for me? i will prob order it anyway, but if it isnt in the indexes, there's a good chance it wasnt registered.

The only one I can see in 1930 is Johann Wilhelm Althann in Warracknabeal, Victoria.

Others are:

Johann Wilhelm Altmann in 1933 in South Australia.

Johann Gottlieb Altmann 1949 in South Australia.

Johann Alfred Altmann 1957 South Australia.

Johann??E Herbert Altmann 1968 South Australia.

John Altmann 1932 South Australia

There are a lot of Altmanns!! No Johann Ernst or Ernst Johann that I can see at a quick glance.
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

You don't know where the headstone is/was ? Do you know what else it says ?
      And don't forget, the mason MAY have put the wrong date on the headstone.
      Diane
      Sydney Australia
      Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

thanx caroline, the one in vic is his younger brother.

diane, the headstone is in german, and is at tanunda or langmeil, i forget which one.
        it says johann ernst altmann b.7 apr 1840, d.21 apr 1930, followed by und friar ehrgattin?
        and his second wife is also on the headstone: mathilde louise altmann b.21 may 1854 d.24 aug 1933, christus ist mein erben (christ is my inheritance), sterben ist mein gewinn (dying is my winning?)

Comment

I would write to the SA BDM Registrar and see if they can find the death reg.- it might have been missed by the indexers, or indexed incorrectly.

You have the date, and place and where he is buried (Langmeil Lutheran is in Tanunda, and they have an online list of photos of headstones) Have you seen his obituary on the NLA newspapers website ? http://newspapers.nla.gov.au/ndp/del...#pstart2473490

Diane
          Diane
          Sydney Australia
          Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

thank you, i didnt have that obit, very informative. im having trouble finding a death for ernst's son, so i wouldnt be surprised if they didnt have it on file. in his sons' case, we dont when he died, or where. there is family memory of the death, but i have been unable to locate it.

Comment

Working...
            X