Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landfield St, Hackney

Hi,

Does anyone know if this road was knocked down or renamed ?

It appears in the 1871/1881 & 1891 Census, it was near Rendlesham Road

Cheers,

Clare

its on the 1911 census too

Comment

Hi - in 1969 -
      ......Mellington Street, Landfield Street, Stellman Street and lengths
      of Ottaway Street and Heatherley Street, Hackney,
      London E.5, to enable residential development....

Comment

Thank you Val and Naomi

Clare

Comment

Landfield St.

Landfield St.jpgHi Littlemoo.
          This is how Landfield Street looked just a few months before it was demolished (taken from Rendlesham Rd end). It was located in an area known locally as "The Island". As I lived local, and knew and went to school with several people from The Island, I decided to photograph the streets before they were lost forever. There was a book written by the WEA at Centerprise (Dalston) back in the 1970's and which I had the privilege of being involed in writing and also taping of some of the ex-residents memories of the place, for transcribing for the book.
          I hope this has been of some help to you.
          Lincs Gent

Comment

Thank you Lincs Gent, much appreciated

Clare

Comment

Hi,
              My Mother lived in Landfield Street, her name was Carole Morris. She took part in" The Island" book. She has since passed away and I have been trying to get a copy of the book but have not been successful.
              Any ideas where I could find one?
              Kind regards
              Sharon Feighery

Comment

http://www.london.wea.org.uk/contact-us The WEA as mentioned in a message about the Book.

Welcome to FTF and you can contact other members of this board by clicking on their user name and sending them a personal message and a notification will be sent to their e mail address informing them of a message from you if they are still active in their e mail address.

Edna

Comment

Originally posted by Sharon Feighery View Post
                  Hi,
                  My Mother lived in Landfield Street, her name was Carole Morris. She took part in" The Island" book. She has since passed away and I have been trying to get a copy of the book but have not been successful.
                  Any ideas where I could find one?
                  Kind regards
                  Sharon Feighery
                  Hi Sharon

I have a copy of the book. I wouldn't want to part with it, but would be happy to scan and email the relevant pages relating to your mum. I lived in Landfield Street from the age of about 2 until I was 5 (up to 1958). My family lived at Nos 1 & 2 Landfield Street from the early 1900s.
                  Regards
                  Chris

Comment

Working...
                  X