The little things that count........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The little things that count........

I received my paternal uncle's death cert this morning. He died 18 days after I was born. My father was desperate that his brother should see me but it was the terrible winter of '47, and my mother would not let him take me out. So uncle Bill never did get to see his brother's first child.

I got the weirdest sensation on reading his certificate, when I saw that it was my father who had been in attendance and our old address was on the certificate.
    I also discovered that Bill had lived in the same street as we had all those years ago, a fact undisclosed before.

How the jigsaw comes together!
    Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Ahh. Its little things like this that makes it worth while doing the research and getting the certificates.

I sent for a certificate for one of Dads Aunts and she lived about 20mins from us when she died and the bus we caught went by the end of her road and we never knew this as they had lost touch.
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

It really tugs at the heart strings doesn't it Lin? It's so sad when families lose touch like this, especially when you realise that they may have felt they were all alone in the world.
      We had something similar with another of my dad's brothers. He was a confirmed bachelor and we lost touch with him.
      It was only through the research that I discovered that he had died 4 yrs after my dad. It makes you wonder how lonely his/their lives may have been.
      Jen

Comment

My husbands face drops when I get a death cert as I almost always get upset, funny how things that happened years ago can affect you..

Comment

Just so Val, even if you never met/knew that person. They always feel like a part of you.
          Jen

Comment

and when they were poor I always wish I could have been there to give them some money or something , daft eh ?

Comment

Not daft Val, just empathetic.
              Jen

Comment

Working...
              X