Marriage registered twice ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage registered twice ???

Can anybody tell me why this marriage is registered in the Sept and December quarter ??? thanks
    its between Grace C Keen and Edward E Barrett in 1925 Camberwell

I think it's an Ancestry goof - if you look on the page for the Oct Quarter it actually has names beginning with Beach. There is no marriage between Edward and Grace listed in that quarter.

Not sure how to inform them of this error.

Linda
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

thanks so the marriage was in Sept quarter then ?

Comment

Yep, it's there in black and white, correct as stated.

Linda
        Linda

Comment

Actually this rang a bell with me, and I checked and some of OH's rellies who married in Sep Q 1925, also have 2 entries, one for Dec Q1925. I then checked 2 entries with uncommon names on the Dec quarter listing, and there is no entry in the index for them. Looks like Ancestry used the indexes for the Sep quarter twice, so there are no indexes for the Dec 1925 quarter for marriages, you would need to check on FreeBMD for them, a search on Ancestry won't bring them up.

I've sent an e-mail to Ancestry informing them of the problem.

Linda
          Last edited by ozgirl; 13-09-10, 08:33.
          Linda

Comment

thanks Linda they should pay us for all the corrections we make ?

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
              thanks Linda they should pay us for all the corrections we make ?
              I've suggested that they should include some credit against future subs, but it just goes over their head. They don't even have a loyalty discount, unlike FMP.

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

well if they dont sort out the site soon I will have to reconsider using them, the Family tree searches are ridiculous it keeps going to the new search when I dont want it to.

Comment

Just had an e-mail back from Ancestry, here is what they said:

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have reported this to our content team to look into. Feedback from you, our valued customer, helps us correct errors and improve the website. Your patience and efforts to assist us in this matter are appreciated.

Please understand that fixes to errors on Ancestry are posted firstly in the order of those which affect the greatest number of users, and thereafter in the order in which they are reported. For this reason, fixes for some errors may take longer than others to be posted. We appreciate your patience.

Hopefully this will eventually be sorted.

Linda
                  Linda

Comment

so the more people that report the same error the better then ?

Comment

Looks that way doesn't it. But I would have thought that they could work out that a whole quarters index wrong would affect a fair number of people even if they didn't report it .

Linda
                      Linda

Comment

Working...
                      X