Elizabeth Kettell (?) birth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elizabeth Kettell (?) birth

Hello I am trying to find Elizabeth Kettell's birth. Not to sure about the spelling Freebmd has it spelt as Kettell . Stephen Charles Fuller ( born 8 June 1901) Elizabeth and Stephen married at St. Ann's in the Diocese of Rochester June 1821 and I am sorry to say the is all I know about her. Of Stephen I know even less and it is sad as I am his Grandniece and we, the family, have only just "found" him .
    Sheila
    I think, therefore I am. Descarte

Originally posted by Sheila from Down Under View Post
    . Stephen Charles Fuller ( born 8 June 1901) Elizabeth and Stephen married at St. Ann's in the Diocese of Rochester June 1821
    Presume you mean 1921 for date of marriage!
    The Diocese of Rochester is, I think, in Kent - but the marriage registration entry for them is in the Lambeth registration district, which is London.
    Elaine

Comment

Sorry sticky fingers of couse it is 1921 . Oh dear I'll go back and have an other look

Comment

Of cause your right Elaine , but I still can't find her birth , can you ??

Comment

No I can't see a suitable birth registration either.
          Have you got the marriage certificate - I think this may be your only option. It will at least give us an approximate age and father's name and occupation.
          Where did you get "St. Ann's in the Diocese of Rochester" from?
          Elaine

Comment

I don't know where I got that from . I think it was a very senior moment. I will have to send away to the GRO as there is no one that will match Elizabeth's time. On freebmd there is a asterisk * next to she name. Do you by chance know what that will mean???

Comment

The asterisk means the transcriber was unable to read part of the entry. If you look at the image on freeBMD (by clicking on the spectacles at the end of the entry and then selecting view image) you will see that there is an initial for a second name. It's somewhat smudged and impossible to read - hence the asterisk.
              I've looked at the image on another site and I think the initial is F, but it is still not very clear and I can't be certain.
              Just use Elizabeth Kettell as the name when ordering the certificate!
              Elaine

Comment

Thank you for you help
                Sheila

Comment

Marriage registration (on Ancestry) shows her as Elizabeth F Kettell - so I think my guess was probably right. Still can't find a suitable birth registration!
                  Elaine

Comment

Closest I can find is an Elizabeth Florence Kettel, birth registration 1900 1st quarter, Richmond Surrey, volume 2a, page 439
                    No way of knowing if this is the right one until you get the marriage certificate and then we can check this one out on the census.
                    Elaine

Comment

Working...
                    X