• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody find this family in 1851 ????

Surname is SIGSTON not Ligston

all but Edmond should be on the 1851

Thanks

Sorry Val, can´t see them.
    I found a baptism which indicated they might be living at Augustus Street in 1851 - but cannot find that on the census.
    Elaine

Comment

thanks Elaine thats where Sarah Emily was born its in Regents Park terrible family to research

Comment

There isn't enough information here for anyone looking on FMP, without access to Ancestry. There is an Augustus Street in the 1851 for St Pancras? But nothing in Yorkshire - which is where the name seems to come from.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

It's the St. Pancras one that Val is looking for.

For some reason I couldn't see it yesterday - not sure why - but have just had another look and can see it.

The following link will take you to the census page on Ancestry for 63 Augustus Street which is where they were living when Sarah was baptised in March 1851.

HO107; Piece: 1493; Folio: 686; Page: 83

Val, you might want to scroll through a few pages of Augustus Street to see if you can see them.
          Elaine

Comment

The next child born in 1853 was born in Camden none of the other children were born in Augustus Street ? so they must have moved again ? their Father was a Railway Clerk in 1861 living in Kentish Town, a Policeman in 1841 living in Windsor Berks and the kids seem to have different birth places according to the census records.
            Maybe if I put the names and dates up somebody might strike lucky ??? thanks

Comment

Do you have an address for the birth/baptism of the 1853 child?
              Elaine

Comment

sorry been eating

This is the Family

Henry Samuel Sigston born 15 May 1815 Berkshire
                Frances Mackay Sigston born 9 Jul 1813 Barbados
                Married 29 Feb 1836 in St Pancras

Marian Sigston 26 Jul 1837 Beverley Yorkshire
                Henry Alfred Sigston 9 Jul 1838 Bloomsbury
                Frederick Willam Sigston 13 Apr 1840 in Marylebone
                Samuel Francis Sigston 18 Oct 1842 Holborn
                Benjamin Sigston 22 Oct 1844 Tottenham
                Charles William Sigston 8 Nov 1846 Grays Inn Lane St Pancras (Father Labourer)
                Frances Rosa Agnes Sigston 1 Oct 1848 Newton Abbot Devon (Father Railway Worker)
                Sarah Emily Sigston 12 Feb 1851 Augustus Street Regents Park (Father Police Constable)

Then
                Edmund Dennis Sigston 20 Apr 1853 High Street Camden (Father a Railway Clerk) but he of course wont be on 1851

any help with 1851 please

Comment

Sorry Val, not having much luck with this family.
                  Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine I'm wondering if this is one of the missing census records? every now and then I try and find them you would think with Frances being born in Barbados it would be easy ????
                    I dont understand why they had so many children in different areas?

Comment

Working...
                    X