Searching Irish Records?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching Irish Records?

I wonder if anyone can help me? I am trying to find the birth place/date of the mother who put me up for adoption. I have not been able to find any details in England and I was always told she was 'Irish'. I don't know how to go about searching the Irish records as they don't seem to be on-line as in England. I am coming over to Dublin at the end of September and would like to make a start then. Alternatively, I have been told that there are 'Search Angels' who will do searches on your behalf? If anyone can help me in any way, I would be very grateful.

Ireland Civil Registration list is on Family Search. You may find her details here.

Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Thank you, Wendy! Am working my way through the instructions and the website. Not easy but will continue to work at it. I'll let you know how I go on. This has been a long search - 50 years at least! It would be wonderful if I could find some information on her.

Comment

Hi maggik - there is an Adoption & Reunion forum on FTF..could be an idea to post there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by naomiatt View Post
          Hi maggik - there is an Adoption & Reunion forum on FTF..could be an idea to post there as well.
          Which has the advantage that it's a private forum, not accesible to search engines such as Google. Useful if names of living people are found.
          Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
          X