• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• decipher Canadian Passenger list 1865 - 1935 entry

Hi,

Taking advantage of the free access to immigration lists, I stumbled on
    an ancestor who went to Canada in 1914 to be married. Her name was Lilian
    Mabel Duke, she is on the bottom of the list on the first sheet.

I can't decipher if it's a name next to the yes in the column marked "Have you been
    to Canada before" I think the occupation of her intended is a builder.

Can anyone shed any light, or have any other ideas on where I can get more info.
    I have also found this list on one of the Canadian archive websites, which is free to view but you cant search for the name of the passenger

Take care

Clare

I think from looking at it, the column that asks if she has been to canada before was ticked yes, but then it was altered to say NO, I'm pretty sure that the husbands name was R. COOPER occ Builder. (I think that the actual line reads, "To be married to a R. COOPER Builder" the destination was Saskaton and her occupation it looks like was "army schoolmistress" and her religion was Wesleyan.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I have also found this list on one of the Canadian archive websites, which is free to view but you cant search for the name of the passenger
      If you have the emigration record from UK, it does make it a lot easier to find the immigration record in Canada! ... if it's there to be found.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Hi Julie,

Thank you for helping with the translation, much appreciated

Clare

Comment

Working...
        X