martha hastings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• martha hastings

every time i get a hint of where my morton family may have come, the hint dissapears!!

martha morton (born c.1820) married thomas hastings ( born c.1816) on 2 sep 1838, st anne soho, westminster. both were full age,they lived at church st, and thomas was a tailor, son of richard hastings, he seems to be a gentleman? the image is whitewashed, and it wont open in any editing program to play with the tones. martha's father was william morton, a shoemaker. witnesses were richard hastings (a relation of thomas' i assume) and caroline morton. (i believe caroline was born 1820, st anne soho, daughter of stephen morton a shoe maker, and anne evans. her brother henry, had thomas and martha hastings as witnesses at his wedding in 1846.)

i cant locate them in 1841, but i have found them in st bartholemew the great in middlesex in 1851.

thomas hastings- head, marr. 34, b.1817, norfolk. he was a tailor.
    martha hastings- wife, marr. 20, b.1820, london.
    jemima hastings- niece. 10, b.1841, norfolk.

then they go missing! there is a death in 1855, tentatively ascribed to newington, for martha, but it should be southwark, and is for an infant.
    there is another in lambeth 1855, i cant see that one in the london database. but i cant find a thomas hastings in 1861 born norfolk, that isnt in norfolk, for the age i need.

i believe martha is related to stephen morton, the shoemaker, maybe his niece, but i cant see anything on the igi.

can anyone see martha and thomas in 1841? or see any likely deaths maybe?

sorry Kyle I did look but cant see anything likely..
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

where were martha and thomas born?

Comment

its ok, i see its norfolk!

Comment

The name Martha often had nicknames -- including Polly, I think. So look for the family cluster without the name Martha....

Comment

i've just found a baptism for martha, in 1817, st giles in the fields, daughter of stephen and anne morton, a shoemaker. same day was william and stephen with the same parents. maybe william should have been stephen on the cert?

Comment

Working...
            X