Hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi

Hi I've just registered so thought I should introduce myself.
    I am researching the following families:
    Harris - Tenterden, Kent, UK
    Ditton - Woodchurch, Kent, UK

Linda
    "In every conceivable manner, the family is a link to our past and bridge to our future"

hi linda hope you get the help im sure you will brenda xxx

Comment

Welcome Linda, hope you enjoy the site.
      Stella passed away December 2014

Comment

Hi Linda - welcome to Family Tree Forum.

A couple of pointers which may help you find others researching the same name
        • our GEDCOM database - accessed via the tab on the navigation bar at the top of the screen - searchable by name or place. Instructions on how to upload a GEDCOM can be found in our Reference Information and How To Forum
        • SURNAME DIRECTORY - accessed via the Site Projects link on the navigation bar
        • create a blog - accessed via the BLOG link in the navigation bar. The blogs are picked up by search engines so could lead to contact from others researching the same names.
        • Some members also like to include their surname interests in their signatures

If you need any help then don't be afraid to ask.
        Elaine

Comment

Hiya Linda and welcome to FTF...great lot on here, enjoy the site....allan
          Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
          oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
          adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
          merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
          coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Welcome to Family Tree Forum

from another Linda

Comment

Thank you all so much for your welcome.
              I started looking into the family tree about 6 months ago and have to admit it has become addictive.
              "In every conceivable manner, the family is a link to our past and bridge to our future"

Comment

I'm sure you'll get lots of help here. You only have to ask. There's lots of good advice under the "Starting out on your research" tab at the top of the page. You need to be 100%(ish) sure that you've got the correct person/marriage each time so you don't go back up the wrong tree.
                Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Have you come across the Woodchurch Family History site, lots of info on local families.

Comment

Yes thanks I have found the Woodchurch Family History site and have found it very useful as my Maternal Grandfather and many generations back from him came from Woodchurch.
                    It's my Paternal Grandmother who came from Spalding Lincolnshire that's the hardest to research. I have gone back 3 generations and then I'm stuck. I think the next thing to do is order some birth marriage and death certificates, but due to the cost I will have to wait until I save some more money.

Comment

Working...
                    X