Looking for more info on my Irish Lawless Ancestors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for more info on my Irish Lawless Ancestors

When Margaret Mary Lawless married Joseph Pollard in RC Chapel of St Michael, Kingstown, (Rathdown) Co Dublin in 1882 her address was 31 Mulgrave St., Kingston, Co. Dublin. Margaret's father was Laurence Lawless a labourer.

According to the Dublin Census records, Margaret was born in Co. Dublin.
    Aged 50 on the 1911 Dublin City census, born c.1861
    Aged 38 on 1901 Dublin City Census born c.1863
    Died aged 93 Feb 1954 Dublin making her birth c.1861

Found these Births on the IGI...

Fathers Name: Lawrence/ Laurence Lawless
    Mothers Name: Mary Anne Hogan

EDWARD LAWLESS - International Genealogical Index
    Gender: Male Birth: 02 JAN 1864 0806, Kingstown District, Dublin, Ireland.

ALICE LAWLESS - International Genealogical Index
    Gender: Female Birth: 17 JUN 1866 1011, Kingstown District, Dublin

Joseph & Margaret (nee Lawless) Pollard named one of their daughters Alice, so I sent off for the certificate as Alice does not appear to be a Pollard name..

Alice Lawless was born in Kingston Avenue Kingston Co Dublin.
    Her Father Laurence Lawless, a Labourer, Address: Needham's Court, Kingston Ave.

Informant was Sarah Miller, present at the birth of Kingston Ave...who ever she was?

I had previously hired a researcher who checked out the Marriage record of Margaret in 1882 to se if her mother's name was in the Parish records..but no such luck!

So what are the odds that Laurence Lawless & Mary Anne Hogan are Margaret's parents too?
    teresa

Just taken the plunge and payed to search for the Baptism record for Margaret Lawless. http://ifhf.rootsireland.ie
    I now know that she was Baptised (RC) in 1859. Address: Monkstown, Parish/Dist: KINGSTOWN, Co. Dublin. AND she had a TWIN brother Michael! The records only shows her Mother's name as Mary Ann, no Surname. Sponsors for both: Thomas Baker & Margaret Ferns.

However I looked at the Baptism record for Edward Lawless born 02 JAN 1864 (IGI) and it shows.....Address: Monkstown, Parish/Dist: KINGSTOWN, Co. Dublin. Sponsors: Peter Casey & Eliza Monahan.
    So it does look like Alice & Edward Lawless (IGI) were 2 of her siblings after all!
    teresa

Comment

i think the birth certs of younger siblings would be where the mothers maiden name comes from.

Comment

Working...
      X